cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Timmy2021
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

does the SIM card has to be issued by the carrier with special instruction to make the phone work?

144 REPLIES 144

Timmy2021

@darlicious 

Have a nice weekend. 

@Timmy2021 

They will get there eventually.....a tablet works for me but they are not all the same. I bought a new one only to discover it operates like a giant phone that you can't make calls or texts on....I continue to use old S2.

Timmy2021

@darlicious 

Yes, it is at Shift-2 of PC keyboard.  For long and clear postings, PC is better, the long text, together with pictures and linkages are hard to read in smart phone or tablet, in some cases, you could miss the display of some vital information. Mobile device is good only for short messages, multi-media messages may not be suitable, mobile laptop computer is more versatile in all applications but it is too big to be mobile. The mobile device evolution has long way to go: Imagine futuristic mini mobile device that has key board expandable to the size of PC keyboard and display 23" holographic screen with bright images and vivid colors in mid-air?  Or mobile glasses that allow the users to see exactly what they see in the PC monitor with wide-angle display.  That will be the ultimate mobile device

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : Few keyboards would have very many currency symbols. You might find one or two but not very often others. Of course the dollar is shift-4 on any standard "US" qwerty keyboard.

@Timmy2021 

Lol...youre asking the non-pc person....are they not above the letters on your keyboard?🤔

Edit:

I'm using a tablet.

Timmy2021

@darlicious 

Oh, I got it.  Now replying to postings will be more clear.  You are a smart cookies. 

How to enter the currency symbols of the world? My PC key board does not has any of such symbols?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : When you type the @ , a list of thread usernames will appear. You could then choose one or keep typing a different username to tag them.

Timmy2021

So when I reply to a posting, do I type manually @darlicious or is there a easy way of just clicking the member name?  My PC key board does not has the display you posted, where you do you get such a key board?

@Timmy2021 

On your keyboard? Only add ons roll over. Plan minutes, texts and data does not. So your $5/500min add on rolls over and your $5/200mb data add on will as well. I have rarely if ever have exceeded my plan data of 250mb. Last month I used 103mb but when Im not at home I use my phone for certain  apps but Im not glued to it.....its hard to surf and bike at the same time!😅😂🤣

Screenshot_20210911-082205~2.png

Timmy2021

Hi, Darlicious, where is the @ key located?  Can any of the unused minutes, data or text be carried into future months until used? 

With my PC, my daily internet usage is nearly 2 GB, some days it can be as high as 5 GB, as I do a lot of research, watch Youtube videos and post frequently in stock discussion forums with tonnes of text and pictures. If I use the cell phone for internet it will bankrupt me.  So cell phone is only convenient for me to make occasional calls outside my home. 

@Timmy2021 

Absolutely you choose what's right for you. I merely made the suggestion because for an extra $8 you would have received a 5gb add on=$75 value and then switch to the $15 plan on your first renewal.

If you still have your 250mb of plan data then none of the 200mb data add on should have been used. That's an error. You can have it reset and possibly removed and credited back as per your other mistakes navigating the 611 menu that does not have the $5/500min add on available on it.

By the way just tap the "@" key to tag me or other members.....

Timmy2021

Darlicious, actually I did make the right choice of $15 for the first month, I paid only $12+tax=$13,56 after discount. As I said I have no idea how to navigate the internet yet so the high data would not be beneficial, I hardly used the 250 MB allowable data at all, I also wasted $5 for extra 200 MB data I don't need due to the ambiguous add on purchase choice in *611,  The only surprise is the large number of essential calls I have made that depleted my 100 Canadian minutes allowance. Who knows, once I have become a mobile expert I could select the highest possible plan available then there will be no need for add on purchase anymore and there will be no more vexation in PM's ambiguous and baffling *611 add on purchase problem.  Where is the hell is the add on for the option "Canada Wide add on minute" in the *611 manual?  The voice is not user friendly, in fact in sounds very hostile, I suggest PM changing vocal to a more gentile feminine voice.  I won't waste my time debating with CSA, if CSA do not read customers' feedback and improve their operation, so be it, survival, prosperity or going belly up is paramount in this increasingly competitive mobile industry 

@Timmy2021 

I see...oh well the reason I suggested you take the $25 plan ( $20 w/the discount) for your first month was it came with a bonus 5gb data add on as part of a special promotion. C'est la vie... too late now...    

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : Yes it's a great deal. This place and Koodo are the only providers that I know that have add-ons that don't expire and/or don't auto-renew. You buy once and consume over time.

Timmy2021

thanks for the info, so the Canadian Wide Add on is a good deal. 

hello_everyone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That add-on should be valid until you use up all those 500 minutes, so you're good to use it even after renewal.

All add-ons are like this unless there's a note saying it expires and those are US roaming add-ons. For example, US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) - $8.00 only lasts for 10 days.

Oops looks like my message failed.

hello_everyone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Timmy2021 That add-on should be valid until you use up all those 500 minutes, so you're good to use it even after renewal.

All add-ons are like this unless there's a note saying it expires and those are US roaming add-ons. For example, US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) - $8.00 only lasts for 10 days.

Timmy2021

Does my Canada wide 500 minute Add On for $5 has expiry date or does it carry forward indefinite until used besides the monthly limit?  My renewal date is  September 24, if it expires on that date then the $5 is also wasted as I may only make one or two calls by then. 

Timmy2021

Yes Darlicious I originally intended for the $25 plan, but while Mustaqeem was activating my SIM card I changed to the $15 plan because I was in the process of moving and am new to the mobile contraption so I figured out I won't be using it much, but I was surprised by the number of essential calls I made. 

Do the Customer Support Agents read the comments in the community forum? If they do they should have been alerted of the flaw and incompetence in their *611 add on purchase system. 

What does CSA stands for?

CSA = Customer Support Agent

Timmy2021

thanks Darlicious for the advice, I'll send message to the CSA to complain my mishap.  What does CSA stands for?

@Timmy2021 

Ok....just to clarify a few things:

• You are on the $15 plan? I thought you purchased the discounted $25 plan from CCS for $20? If you did I have further questions and instructions for your private message.
  • You can ask the CSA to credit back the $15/US 1000 min long distance add on and the  $8/US roaming add on.
  • If you bought the $5/200mb data add on then you have already used up the 250mb that comes with your $15 plan. Have you been using your phone to use the internet? I thought you were not intending to use it for that purpose. You may need some help setting up all of your data saving options. Next time purchase the $15/1gb add on its better value and they don't expire until completely consumed.
  • Explain to the CSA in your private message that you are mobile phone challenged and new to pm and cell phone technology and you completely messed up because the 611 menu is completely inadequate to purchase add ons but you did get the $5/500min add on that you originally intended to purchase.

Now I have to go back and see if I missed anything....

Just come here first and start a new thread asking for help with your intentions....rather needing help with the consequences of your actions by trying to muddle your way thru a system you have no experience using. I have been in your position but I asked how to do everything before I actually tried so I didn't have to pick the mess left by a technologically challenged tornado (me)😃!!

With wait times currently about 48 hours you want to avoid contacting customer support at all cost (no pun intended!)

@Timmy2021 

Good grief Charlie Brown! What have you done? Give me a minute to address all of the mistakes but this is my work around for Simple--Simon...lol!😃

I will tell you what to say to the CSA's but I have to review your thread again.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.public

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 wrote:

Did your monthly fee charged from your credit card included tax?  How can I reach CSA for possible cancellation of the US roaming add on?

@Timmy2021 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

@Timmy2021 wrote:

the chatbot is a joke, its reply is in consistent, it does not answer the questions. 

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Timmy2021

the chatbot is a joke, its reply is in consistent, it does not answer the questions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : The taxes charged will appear on the registered payment card. The self-serve just shows the base amounts.

Click on the cartoon quote button to the lower right and muddle your way through the chatbot to get to Submit a ticket. The chatbot can be infuriating but keep fiddling with different terms. Follow the instructions.

Timmy2021

Did your monthly fee charged from your credit card included tax?  How can I reach CSA for possible cancellation of the US roaming add on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Timmy2021 : Somebody wrote up this a while ago so yes I'm a little familiar with the 611 service.

I like to say it as that new money coming in to the account gets taxed at it's source. Vouchers at the store. The registered payment card at the card end. But the whole self-serve doesn't show the tax amounts. All "pre-tax".

Timmy2021

Its hard to quote the *611 manual here since it is vocal, have you ever dial *611?   You can hear it yourself. 200 MB data costs $5. I guess the balance in the account is already includes tax, so any deduction from the account balance will not incur tax.  

Need Help? Let's chat.