cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card update

brewing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is activating and I have tested the phone by calling it.

the screen now displays “ SIM card updating” 

this update has been going on over an hour.

how much time does this typically Take. Seems excessive at this point.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren 

I added the ? because I would understand not letting something complete. But I also did some searching and that seemed to be the answer. So it was a maybe try this kinda thing.

@brewing wrote:

I suspect that this message has to do with the network having the phone number and voicemail settings written to the sim card after activation. It's good to hear that the problem has fixed itself.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Restart the phone?

@brewing wrote:

I powered off the phone and rebooted. Looks like that worked. Thanks for your input.

@Anonymous @brewing the classic help desk solution works again!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

brewing

I restarted even though it was still SIM updating. Looks like that worked. Thank you!

brewing

I powered off the phone and rebooted. Looks like that worked. Thanks for your input.

@brewing I have never looked at my phone when I switched or activated a new number. But that does seem a to be a pretty long time. Is your phone getting a major update? And did you port your number? Thanks.

brewing

Easyfone is the make. Prime-A4 is the model. I called the phone before the updating started and it worked, but then the SIM updating started. 
 It still is updating.....

brewing

I didn’t remove it because it was updating. It still is updating. I called the phone before the updating started and it worked, but then the SIM updating started. I will shut it down and restart to see if that does anything.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@brewing Did you try to take out SIM and put it back?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@brewing what's the make and model of your phone? Did you port your number? If you did, it can take up to 3 hours to complete if from a cell provider.  Voip or landline up to 7 days. Your phone may be getting the required updates. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brewing wrote:

Restart the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.