cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card sometimes not found in iPhone 13 Pro

sgtmattie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got the new iPhone 13 Pro on Friday, and I'm having issues connecting with the SIM card. Most of the time it works fine but sometimes the network disappears and it says either "SIM card failure" or "No SIM detected." Sometimes restarting the phone will work but sometimes it won't. I can't find a reliable way to fix the issue besides waiting and hoping for the best. My current plan is to just buy another SIM card and hope for the best but I'm hoping someone here has some insight. Thanks!

Edit: I have also tried taking the sim out of the phone and putting it back in. sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't.

7 REPLIES 7

@sgtmattie 

If you try the tape trick, just make sure you don't get any of the sticky stuff on the contact side of the SIM.

You will have a real mess on your hand if you do!

@sgtmattie 

It sounds as though your sim card does not fit snugly in the sim slot as suggested by @og2. A paper shim make work as well or a very carefully placed piece of tape to hold it firmly in place.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try putting a thin piece of tape so the sim card doesn't move around in the phone. PM sim cards are cheap and very thin. If you have the newer type sim card, it might provide a better fit.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@sgtmattie   do you have another SIM to put it in your new iPhone and test?  This could be an issue with the SIM itself or the device SIM tray/connection.    

Also, does the PM SIM work fine on your old phone?  If so, then it might not be the SIM issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sgtmattie 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and if still same issue your device is defective you have to call apple to exchange under warranty,

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@sgtmattie wrote:

I just got the new iPhone 13 Pro on Friday, and I'm having issues connecting with the SIM card. Most of the time it works fine but sometimes the network disappears and it says either "SIM card failure" or "No SIM detected." Sometimes restarting the phone will work but sometimes it won't. I can't find a reliable way to fix the issue besides waiting and hoping for the best. My current plan is to just buy another SIM card and hope for the best but I'm hoping someone here has some insight. Thanks!

Edit: I have also tried taking the sim out of the phone and putting it back in. sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't.

It sounds like a flaky SIM connection.

Try to reseat the card and reset network settings.

Also try in another phone if that doesn't help.

If all fails, the SIM could be damaged.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sgtmattie...did the sim work properly in your previous phone ? Try using a different phone to see if sim works ok. If it works ok in old phone or different phone...maybe a prob with the new i 13.

Need Help? Let's chat.