cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not registered

pedjaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated SIM card online, ported phone from FIDO to PM. Unlocked phone Samsung GT-S 7582 but now I cannot detect TELUS as mobile provider. When I try to call I am getting error Not registered..

Please help resolve the issue.

7 REPLIES 7

@fujiyama wrote:

According to GSMarena your phone does not work with Public Mobile. You will need a new phone that has the following 3G (HSPA) and 4G bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS)

3G/HSPA is required, 4G is only needed for data.

4G LTE is not required to use data at Public Mobile. It's an option, but data will work just fine on the HSPA network.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@pedjaa  I am impressed that you have a working phone that came out in 2013! My phones usually wear out or fall behind technologically to the point I need to replace them every 4 years at best.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

According to GSMarena your phone does not work with Public Mobile. You will need a new phone that has the following 3G (HSPA) and 4G bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS)

3G/HSPA is required, 4G is only needed for data.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The phone you're using might not be compatible with Public Mobile. Try resetting your phone's network settings and rebooting the device. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pedjaa  Either your phone is not compatible or your phone has been blacklisted.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@pedjaa you should be looking for Public Mobile as your mobile provider.  Try restarting your phone,  turn it off,  remove and reinstart the sim card, restart it. If this fails try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Stay safe

Need Help? Let's chat.