cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card issues

gordsabean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two phone/tablets by the same manufacturer. One tablet works perfectly however the second one shows Public Mobile in the SIM card settings. However, on the phone display it says "emergency calls only". I've tried two SIM cards and neither will work. I don't know if it's the tablet or the SIM cards. The specifications seem to indicate the cards should work. I tried the automated customer service and it was not helpful. I'm ready to jump ship to Lucky. I have three devices with Public and all work except this one. Any suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gordsabean  Sounds like the issue is the device. Are you sure the device supports the proper bands? If it doesn't work with a PM sim then more than likely it won't work with a Lucky sim since they are both using the same network.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have to agree with the other members. If the sims work in one they should work in the other. Device likely faulty.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I vote device issue also.  Since what works with Public Mobile also works on Lucky, you won't get any different user experience with switching. 

@gordsabean wrote:

I have two phone/tablets by the same manufacturer. One tablet works perfectly however the second one shows Public Mobile in the SIM card settings. However, on the phone display it says "emergency calls only". I've tried two SIM cards and neither will work. I don't know if it's the tablet or the SIM cards. The specifications seem to indicate the cards should work. I tried the automated customer service and it was not helpful. I'm ready to jump ship to Lucky. I have three devices with Public and all work except this one. Any suggestions? 

So both of those sim cards worked in one tablet but not the other?  If that's the case, this is a device issue. Check to see if the device isn't accident set to 2g-only mode and also check the IMEI on devicecheck.ca. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If both sim card work in one device and not in the other, it is likely a device problem.

Did both sims work in one of your devices?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Could you provide the details on the device not working so I can help you.

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.