cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card doesn't work when data is activated

Sd1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to Public Mobile. I activated my sim card and transferred my number from my old provider. When I have both my SIMs in my phone calling and texting works on my Public SIM, but if I try to activate data on my Public SIM or if only my Public SIM is in my phone my phone loses the SIM card over and over. It will switch from active to unavailable to active to unavailable, etc.

5 REPLIES 5

Yanni318
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey thanks geopublic, not the OP, but had a different problem and setting the APN settings like this fixed my issue lol.

Just switched from OnePlus 3 to OnePlus 7 Pro and it wouldn't connect to the network after swapping the SIM over eventhough showed it being connected to public mobile (had no access to data/service).  But put those settings in and got access and 4G right away.

totaltw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You will need to set up the APN in order to work with public. If you private message me I can send you the steps in how to do it 

@geopublic is correct. If you just ported, time should take care of it. However, if you're not completed in 4 hours, you should contact @CS_Agent . Select your old sim, until the port is completed.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sd1972 wrote:

I just switched to Public Mobile. I activated my sim card and transferred my number from my old provider. When I have both my SIMs in my phone calling and texting works on my Public SIM, but if I try to activate data on my Public SIM or if only my Public SIM is in my phone my phone loses the SIM card over and over. It will switch from active to unavailable to active to unavailable, etc.

@Sd1972 If both cards work in your phone what means the port is not yet completed and you are using two sim cards with the same number. Best to keep using the old sim only until it stops working. When that happens start using your PM sim and mske sure you have the correct APN settings selected.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Sd1972 Did you try the Public Mobile sim in both slots? 

Need Help? Let's chat.