cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card became invalid

StefB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My iPhone 6S has had a valid public mobile SIM card in it for about a year. An hour ago it errors out saying the SIM card is invalid. 

Tried rebooting the phone and reseating the card. Nothing seems to work. 

What would cause a less then year old SIM to fail and what are my options?

8 REPLIES 8

@StefB wrote:

Following up, how do I verify if someone changed the SIM card on my plan. For example, a malicious actor convinced an admin to change my plan to a SIM card they control?

is there a place on the self serve portal that would show what the current assigned SIM card number is? Or would an admin provide that via email/message

If someone did this to you, they would need to be able to verify your identity to the moderators.  If you log into your self serve and go to change sim it will list the last 4 digits of the sim that is currently active on your account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

StefB

Following up, how do I verify if someone changed the SIM card on my plan. For example, a malicious actor convinced an admin to change my plan to a SIM card they control?

is there a place on the self serve portal that would show what the current assigned SIM card number is? Or would an admin provide that via email/message

NewZQ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try to use a cotton swab with some rubbing alcohol and clean it a bit, pheraps it would work, else you need to buy another.

Edit: let it dry for 2 minutes after

Edit2: You tried to do a General-Reset-Reset Network on iphone ?

@StefB wrote:

Tried the sim another phone same issue also the account is in good standing. Have autopay enabled and up for auto pay on the 16th

Then it sounds like you will need a new sim, just run over to walmart and pick one up, $10 easy fix.

Click "Plans & Addons"

Click "Change Sim"

Enter new sim number

Good to go

StefB

Tried the sim another phone same issue also the account is in good standing. Have autopay enabled and up for auto pay on the 16th

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Try sim in different phone this isolates sim vs hardware. If it's a sim issue buy a new sim from mobile shop Walmart or other retailer then log into  selfserve and to a sim number change.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@StefB wrote:

My iPhone 6S has had a valid public mobile SIM card in it for about a year. An hour ago it errors out saying the SIM card is invalid. 

Tried rebooting the phone and reseating the card. Nothing seems to work. 

What would cause a less then year old SIM to fail and what are my options?

Its very uncommon for a sim card to die. Have you tried the sim in another phone? Has your account been in good standing (and not expired for 90 days)? Is your account active? It may be your sim card slot in the phone solder points have failed that is more common than sim card dead.

If the sim card is actually dead its very easy to go to walmart and buy one for $10 and go into self serve and "change sim card".

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@StefB, do you have another phone to test out the SIM card?  Is the account in good standing.  If these two check out okay, it could be the phone that's the problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.