cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card PIN number

Livingcoastal2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

where do I find my publicmobile SIM card PIN number? 

14 REPLIES 14

casaraku
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes the default was 1234 and i changed it successfully. Thanks

@computergeek541 thank you for the clarification.  reply deleted.

@RosieR wrote:

@casaraku wrote:

This info is needed to secure the SIM if the phone goes missing and i have only 3 attempts...I never got one....otherwise i will need another code.(PUK)....

Hi @casaraku have you activated your account with Public Mobile?  If you haven't, go here.  If you had then you chose your own 4-digit number as you PIN number.

PIN number.png

Think, what number it could be.  One does not create an important 4-digit PIN haphazardly now, do they?  Anyway, only the moderators can help you, so either click the (?) at the bottom right of the page and type Forgot pin number >>> Contact us >>> Submit a ticket (Click me!) or send a private message to the Moderators-Team here.  Best wishes!

The SIM card's PIN number is not selected by the customer during online activation. The PIN number of a SIM card is always 1234 unless someone manually changes it. The account PIN and SIM card PIN are separate and not the same code unless someone sets them that way. However, I can see why you're thinking about the account's PIN based on the message that you quoted.

@casaraku While you can set up your phone to ask for the SIM card's PIN any time someone turns on the phone or tries to make a phone call, it can't be used to secure the phone after the fact it it gets lost.  Also, this PIN is the same on all new Public Mobile SIM cards.

Jpdflo

Try 1234

casaraku
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This info is needed to secure the SIM if the phone goes missing and i have only 3 attempts...I never got one....otherwise i will need another code.(PUK)....

@Jpdflo Did you have a question?

Jpdflo

I phone 6se

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Livingcoastal2 wrote:

where do I find my publicmobile SIM card PIN number? 

There's no unlock codes for iPhone so ths is probably for the sim. The sim PIN is 1234 until changed. The sim PUK is needed if youn don't know the sim puk. For SIM PUK, a moderator needs to give that.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Livingcoastal2

IphoneSE

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

What type of phone are you using?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Livingcoastal2 Sim card pin number is 1234, but that's not likely what you need. What does the error say?

Need Help? Let's chat.