cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SIM cannot connect to mobile network on my phone

@CanHelpFixFones wrote:

Ok, so I'm pretty familiar with cellphones as I also fix, unlock, repair them (usually for friends mostly and such)...

&

It's really bugging me that UR still not completely sure if phone is unlocked or even works with carriers or not!(I.m.h.o. High possibility for issue?)

... Therefore,

You really gotta find out if it is still locked or at least if you can use the cellphone on network so an easy way to do that is to goto any cellphone store of Telus or Koodo and tell them that you need to find out if the phone will work with their network!(&YES;telus/koodo also means P.M.)

THEN THEY can test it for you(& yes 4FREE!) by putting in the carriers simcard & TRY to make a call!

There. Problem solved with the carrier compatibility issue!(& this will also automatically double check for you if phone is blacklisted or not, especially carrier wise anyways, but most likely for all)

& another important thing is to double check your APN is configured for P.M.!(most phones is automatic, but sometimes such as the "with L.G. Phones" Problem mentioned earlier)

maybe U should check that 1st as it's the easiest&you can do it right away yourself in under 1 minute!

Just goto SETTINGS~ then connections-mobile networks... Then to Access Point Names(or A.P.N)

& FILL IT IN CURRENTLY THEN CHOOSE IT & REFRESH OR WHATEVER!

That's my 2 cents on the matter, hopefully my tips/suggestions helps as those 2 are main things that come to mind as possible reasons!

Hey @CanHelpFixFones, we appreciate you coming in to assist, but can you please use full words, rather than SMS short forms to save chanters?  There’s no limit on the length of message here.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@solomonc wrote:

Just called Virgin mobile, they said they dont lock phones and referred me to call LG. and LG also turned me away telling me that mobile network issues should be dealt with by the carrier themselves. 

Sorry to hear that

Virgin doesn't lock the phones? they get them licked.

Also locked phone it's not a network issue really and lg it's obligated to unlock it for you

Did you call them or chat with them?

I think you should talk to lg again.

Does phone ever ask for pin?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, thanks for your continued support. The moderator has run out of ideas too on how to get the PM sim card to work on my phone. And my phone does not ask for a pin when putting other sim cards in , so I am pretty sure it is unlocked. I will try the suggestion of going to a mobile phone booth and asking them to check if Telus / Koodo sim cards work on my phone. Other than that I think my phone is just a freak case that can't be fixed. I will probably have to switch phone providers again... Thanks again for all your help.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes if you go to Koodo or Telus store if they manage to get their sim to work you will be in luck.

I still believe it's locked cause they are always locked, I had to pay freedom to unlock my unlocked phone just cause I couldn't want to wait 3 months when they have to do it for free. 

Keep us updated please if you don't mind

@oglat wrote:

Yes if you go to Koodo or Telus store if they manage to get their sim to work you will be in luck.

I still believe it's locked cause they are always locked, I had to pay freedom to unlock my unlocked phone just cause I couldn't want to wait 3 months when they have to do it for free. 

Keep us updated please if you don't mind

Phones are no longer usually locked to any carrier. Also, there is no 3 month requirement.   This is an old requirement that Freedom had, and in that policy they just wouldn't unlock it for you until that amount of time had passed.  Carriers need to unlock the phone immediately upon request or provide the device unlocked.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Update:

After talking to my original phone owner they told me the phone was bought from Rogers. I called Rogers and they gave me an unlock code. However, the phone was already unlocked and it is some kind of glitch/ bug that prevents me from connecting to Public Mobile and Telus. I ended up talking to LG and having my phone sent to FutureTel to be fixed. Thankfully I still have a few weeks of warantee left . 

For now I got a cheap temporary phone to use and it works just fine.