cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: SIM cannot connect to mobile network on my phone

Do you have access to another sim card, best rogers company. Or really anything non bell.

If it is licked it will ask for code.

Do you have access to another lg device? If it has enough memory you could backup on it

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do not have any other SIM cards available, only my old virgin mobile one. The moderator replied suggesting my phone may still be locked to virgin , even though I didn't buy my phone from them. How do I check to know for sure?

I just performed a factory reset on my phone and I still cannot connect to the public mobile network. The moderators keep suggesting things I've already tried. I dont know what to do at this point.

Mayor / Maire

@solomonc wrote:

I do not have any other SIM cards available, only my old virgin mobile one. The moderator replied suggesting my phone may still be locked to virgin , even though I didn't buy my phone from them. How do I check to know for sure?

@solomonc  Even though you didn't buy the phone from Virgin it is still possible for Virgin to have locked the phone to their network. Best to call them and ask them to provide you with an unlock code.

Just called Virgin mobile, they said they dont lock phones and referred me to call LG. and LG also turned me away telling me that mobile network issues should be dealt with by the carrier themselves. 

Mayor / Maire

@solomonc wrote:

Just called Virgin mobile, they said they dont lock phones and referred me to call LG. and LG also turned me away telling me that mobile network issues should be dealt with by the carrier themselves. 

IGU.gif

You got me...I give up!!

@solomonc wrote:

The only way that is easily doable is to try sim cards from other carriers in it.

@solomonc wrote:

I just performed a factory reset on my phone and I still cannot connect to the public mobile network. The moderators keep suggesting things I've already tried. I dont know what to do at this point.

I know you already checked if the IMEI was blacklisted.  It is possible for a phone not to be on the national blacklist but still be blacklisted internally by Telus.

Since you've already determined that your Public Mobile service is working fine, other than checking if the phone is being blocked from connecting (blacklist), there isn't a lot that moderators can do other than make generic sugguestions, many of which are the same as anyone here would make.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, so I'm pretty familiar with cellphones as I also fix, unlock, repair them (usually for friends mostly and such)...

&

It's really bugging me that UR still not completely sure if phone is unlocked or even works with carriers or not!(I.m.h.o. High possibility for issue?)

... Therefore,

You really gotta find out if it is still locked or at least if you can use the cellphone on network so an easy way to do that is to goto any cellphone store of Telus or Koodo and tell them that you need to find out if the phone will work with their network!(&YES;telus/koodo also means P.M.)

THEN THEY can test it for you(& yes 4FREE!) by putting in the carriers simcard & TRY to make a call!

There. Problem solved with the carrier compatibility issue!(& this will also automatically double check for you if phone is blacklisted or not, especially carrier wise anyways, but most likely for all)

& another important thing is to double check your APN is configured for P.M.!(most phones is automatic, but sometimes such as the "with L.G. Phones" Problem mentioned earlier)

maybe U should check that 1st as it's the easiest&you can do it right away yourself in under 1 minute!

Just goto SETTINGS~ then connections-mobile networks... Then to Access Point Names(or A.P.N)

& FILL IT IN CURRENTLY THEN CHOOSE IT & REFRESH OR WHATEVER!

That's my 2 cents on the matter, hopefully my tips/suggestions helps as those 2 are main things that come to mind as possible reasons!

@CanHelpFixFones wrote:

You really gotta find out if it is still locked or at least if you can use the cellphone on network so an easy way to do that is to goto any cellphone store of Telus or Koodo and tell them that you need to find out if the phone will work with their network!(&YES;telus/koodo also means P.M.)

& another important thing is to double check your APN is configured for P.M.!(most phones is automatic, but sometimes such as the "with L.G. Phones" Problem mentioned earlier)

maybe U should check that 1st as it's the easiest&you can do it right away yourself in under 1 minute!

Just goto SETTINGS~ then connections-mobile networks... Then to Access Point Names(or A.P.N)

& FILL IT IN CURRENTLY THEN CHOOSE IT & REFRESH OR WHATEVER!

I agree with you about finding out for sure if the phone is unlocked and testing it with a Telus or Koodo sim to see If there is a problem specific to this network.  However, in cases in which the phone can't connect to the network, trying to change APN settings cannot fix that.  Hypothetically, if the APN settings were set incorrectly, phone calls and text messaging would still work.