cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

SIM cannot connect to mobile network on my phone

So I started my plan with public mobile about 4 days ago, and still have not been able to connect to the public mobile network. I tried switching my SIM card into my old phone (LG G4)  and it works perfectly fine. But it gives me the message "This SIM is not allowed connection to this network" when I try to connect to Public Mobile's network on my current phone. The phone I am using is the LG G7 ThinQ .

Here are some things I've tried with no success:

-Restarting and removing SIM , cleaning the slot etc. And putting it back in.

-Messaging the moderator team, they've tried to help me but they reply about every 24 hours and I still haven't fixed it after 4 days.

-manually connecting to mobile network , from network settings.

-Retyping my sim card number on my PM self serve account

-Consider my phone is broken, which it is not because I have been using virgin mobile for the past year on it

-Consider my phone is not unlocked. I'm 90% sure it is unlocked because I bought it as an unlocked phone. Not sure how to be 100% sure though.

-Consider my sim is broken , which it is not because it works on other phones.

-Consider if my phone is lost or stolen since it is second hand, confirmed it is not after I did an IMEI check.

-consider phone comparability, it is compatable. The LG G7 can recieve all modern network bands. In fact public Mobile's network shows up when I do a manual search but I can't connect.

I have basically tried everything I found on the forum with no success , besides a hard factory reset , which I would prefer not to do as I have about 50 GB of app data I would need to redownload.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: SIM cannot connect to mobile network on my phone

@solomoncLG phones are strange beasts.. you need to do a network reset or a total reset to get it working.

I had issues with lg as well, nothing but contacting moderators worked for me.

They will push configuration files through sms you will need to provide make model and IMEIhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It may take 48 hours for response maybe they'll be able to help 

Does it ask for any code?

One more thing

Network reset will not wipe out 

If you have another lg device with enough memory you can do a backup

I am currently waiting on the moderators reply,

They asked my for my IMEI and phone model so maybe that's the next step. Glad I'm not the only one that's had these issues!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was lucky with my lg v30 thinq, it connected right off on its own, maybe it's cause I ported from the other flanker which shares this network.

Mayor / Maire

@solomonc 

Worthwhile doing a network reset to see if the sim connects.

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > System .
  2. Tap Restart & reset .
  3. Tap Network settings reset.
  4. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  5. Tap Reset Settings.

Thanks for the suggestion, just tried it and still no luck :/

@solomoncDo you have any other Telus sim card lying area? even deactivated ones? If not go into any mass market places like Wow! or Mobile Shop and see if they have any spare cards you can test. I wonder if it is a PM or Telus specific problem.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@solomonc I think your next step is to try a full factory reset. Some LG phones have this problem and it can only be resolved with a factory reset.