cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM becomes blocked every so often

raaflaub
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

After last Friday's tornadoes near Ottawa, my phone gets its SIM blocked every so often.  If I reboot the phone, it starts working again.  So I guess it really isn't blocked??  My account is up-to-date, not behind.  Any ideas?  Anyone else experiencing this?\

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

raaflaub
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4 bars ATM.  You are probably right about the network going up and down.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@raaflaub wrote:

Hello everyone,

After last Friday's tornadoes near Ottawa, my phone gets its SIM blocked every so often.  If I reboot the phone, it starts working again.  So I guess it really isn't blocked??  My account is up-to-date, not behind.  Any ideas?  Anyone else experiencing this?\

Thanks!

Not sure if this would help but if you are willing to spend $10 might be worth a shot to replace your sim card

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@raaflaub wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

If you account status is active, it is not your account problem.

How is the PM signal on your phone?

Re-insert your SIM card and restart your phone may help.  

Just thinking out loud... Telus tower may have problem with intermittent power outage.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Perhaps there may have been local impacts to the network.  Otherwise a SIM card that is provisioned to connect to the network will connect. 

Need Help? Let's chat.