cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Transfer

archdrover
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can not get access to the PM services when I transfer my SIM card...which works in my old phone...to my new phone. I wonder if it might not be compatible on the PM network. It is an 'Android X27 Plus'...dual SIM and expandable memory card slot...could somebody please help???

10 REPLIES 10

jerry_dunlop81
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It very well might be that your new phone may be locked to a different carrier 

archdrover

It's been a long task...trying to get this up and running...Thanx

archdrover

As I was thinking...Thanx 

archdrover

Thank so much...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Is this the phone @archdrover ? https://www.gsmarena.com/vivo_x27-9629.php , then it should work on the network. Try these 2 tricks to get your service working.
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe that that phone isn't very compatible with PM's networks. Try the fixes listed by people above such as network resets, but if they don't work I believe you'll have to purchase a different phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@archdrover  That phone only has  3G: 850/2100MHz . That's not a good choice to use on Public's network Best to look for another option.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@archdrover  try resetting your network settings

• open your settings menu
  • tap "more settings"
  • tap "backup & reset" 
  • tap reset network settings
  • tap " reset settings" tap again to confirm
  • restart

it doesn't look like this phone is compatible with lte, but I could be wrong... switch your preferred network type to 3g and

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You should contact manufacturer or previous provider to unlock it

If it has 3g 850 and 1900 MHz umts it will work you just need it unlocked

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@archdrover wrote:

I can not get access to the PM services when I transfer my SIM card...which works in my old phone...to my new phone. I wonder if it might not be compatible on the PM network. It is an 'Android X27 Plus'...dual SIM and expandable memory card slot...could somebody please help???

@archdrover hello is your new phone unlocked? you may need to go to your old provider to get it unlocked

Need Help? Let's chat.