cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Replacement

bradley_b
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been using Public Mobile for years but recently calls have been dropping. A tech friend suggested that older SIM cards can run into this problem. He checked it out and feels it is most likely a SIM problem.

Could I get a replacement to update the old/defective one I am using?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b 

Changing sims doesn't usually fix anything. Can't hurt and it can rule out bad sim but techs tell customers to get new sim because of a flow chart.  Some other carriers tell you it to end the call.

After trying your SIM in another phone and having moderators perform a reset as previously indicated, you can also try cleaning the SIM contact surface from any oxidation buildup using a pink pencil eraser or qtip+isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol.

If still no luck, you can currently order a replacement sim for $3.33+free shipping from here:

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I very much doubt it, phone is easy more likely

Unless you are handling your sim alot and switching frequently.

Test u sim in different phone.

If it still acts up first contact moderators and tell them about it maybe they could reprovision your account

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

If that doesn't work then try new sim

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b wrote:

I've been using Public Mobile for years but recently calls have been dropping. A tech friend suggested that older SIM cards can run into this problem. He checked it out and feels it is most likely a SIM problem.

Could I get a replacement to update the old/defective one I am using?

Thanks!

@bradley_b  Why not test the sim in another phone for a day. If calls don't drop then more than likely it's your phone and not the sim. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bradley_b , I don't believe there are lifetime warranties on SIM cards.  That said, you could ask the moderator team.  Personally, I think the problem might be somewhere else.  My SIM card is nearing 4 years old.  It has been used in more than a dozen phones and it still works.  Without moving parts, they are very rugged.  Start by trying to reseat the SIM card.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b SIMS fail. They aren't made to last forever. I suppose you can try contacting the moderators and ask them about a replacement. No guarantee that you will be given one for free. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Or you could buy one from from Canadian cell supplies https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card currently $3.33 each.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@bradley_b you can purchase a new SIM from a store and change sim cards in your self serve account.

contact customer support here maybe they can do something for you

Need Help? Let's chat.