cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Network unlock PIN

dost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just signed up with public mobile but I get this message "SIM Network unlock PIN" on Samsung galaxy A8 2017. I belive it was unlocked phone but got locked as soon as I inserted Freedom SIM first time. It worked fine on freedom for few day and now switched to Public but no luck. I called Freedom to unlock it and they told me that it is not their device since I only bought the plan, not the device so I need to call Samsung. I tried couple other SIMs in this phone and none of them work except Freedom. 

Can Public unlock it for me ? What would the best options here?

Tx 

19 REPLIES 19

kitsilanoho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I try quit with public mobile and log on other carrier but was ask what is the pin no or code? Can you help me? Is it LX53R

@Kcjadex wrote:

Samsung SGH-T599N UNLOCK 

@Kcjadex thanks unfortunately once you go to the process on that website they then have to charge you $19.99 so unlucky again at finding the Samsung unlocking code however the user was able to get in touch with Virgin Mobile this morning  and unlock their phone and they're all up and running now. Thanks for all the help.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  Do you have a link for that? Tried support, chat, all the suggested links here...

I'm not sure chat would work because the person might not have instant access to the unlock code.  The techncial support e-mail address should definitely be able to provide you an unlock code.

Although the newest models don't do this, it became necessary for Samsung to start providing unlock codes direclty to customers, partly because in the past, some models have been sold at retail that locked to the carrier of the first inserted sim card.  As these phones were not sold by carrier or through the carrier distribution channel, Samsung couldnt't exactly make the customer contact the carrier for that code. Try again and hope that you reach someone different this time.

@computergeek541  Do you have a link for that? Tried support, chat, all the suggested links here...

@darlicious wrote:

Just had a chat with Samsung they do not supply unlock codes only the mobile provider.

They actually do. Try them again.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dost wrote:

Just signed up with public mobile but I get this message "SIM Network unlock PIN" on Samsung galaxy A8 2017. I belive it was unlocked phone but got locked as soon as I inserted Freedom SIM first time. It worked fine on freedom for few day and now switched to Public but no luck. I called Freedom to unlock it and they told me that it is not their device since I only bought the plan, not the device so I need to call Samsung. I tried couple other SIMs in this phone and none of them work except Freedom. 

Tx 

Call or "chat" with Samsung. Public won't unlock it. That sucks as an attitude from Freedom. They should be providing it. It's their lock. Samsung might have issues with something called an international phone. But they're your best option.

Just had a chat with Samsung they do not supply unlock codes only the mobile provider.

@GinYVR wrote:

@KcjadexPublic Mobile doesn't sell phones so they don't unlock phones. To unlock your phone you will need to contact your pervious provider which provided your phone or chat with support @ samsung.ca to get the code.

Public Mobile does unlock phones, but only if they're locked and sold for use with one of the Telus-owned brands.

@KcjadexPublic Mobile doesn't sell phones so they don't unlock phones. To unlock your phone you will need to contact your pervious provider which provided your phone or chat with support @ samsung.ca to get the code.

Kcjadex

Samsung SGH-T599N UNLOCK 

Not all device manufacturers provide (free) unlocks.

Samsung does... and that's very cool so big thumbs up to them.

But then again, they're the ones who made their devices install the lockouts to begin with... 

Sandraseason2

HI I just had a similar problem. When I put my PM sim in my phone said "sim network unlock pin". I contacted chatr my previous provider they didn't have it. I contacted fido my provider previous to chatr. They didn't have it. So I contacted samsung directly and they had it! It was easy. I don't recommend using any weird tools or apps or paying for a code. Just contact your previous providers if not your manufacturer. Contact samsung.

kylerens

SIM network unlocking is possible using the SIM network unlock PIN code generator available many years before!

@Carld123 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Only Freedom or Samsung can unlock this phone.

As for Freedom Mobile refusing to help you, that's piss poor customer service.  When I phone is locked to the carrier, they can get the code even if it is not in their database.  They have a procedure to follow in the case of them not being able to find the unlock code that involes contacting the manufactuer on your behalf to get that code.  They sometimes even have to follow this process even for some phones that they did sell.

@computergeek541

He got it done...👍

I think you, z10user4, and me are the only ones online tonight.

dost's update wasn't there when I pressed on reply.  I'm watching a movie called Bird Box and by the time I got around to typing my completed message (and watching the movies at the same time), his/her message was posted.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

As for Freedom Mobile refusing to help you, that's piss poor customer service.  When I phone is locked to the carrier, they can get the code even if it is not in their database.  They have a procedure to follow in the case of them not being able to find the unlock code that involes contacting the manufactuer on your behalf to get that code.  They sometimes even have to follow this process even for some phones that they did sell.

@computergeek541

He got it done...👍

Carld123

@dost

Cool....good to hear...

dost

Thanks, everyone for the quick response. I can not believe that Samsung support at 11pm on Friday night unlocked my phone in less than a minute and started working on Public

Carld123

@dost

Apparently...samsung has awebsite to unlock...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dost wrote:

Tx 

Call or "chat" with Samsung. Public won't unlock it. That sucks as an attitude from Freedom. They should be providing it. It's their lock. Samsung might have issues with something called an international phone. But they're your best option.

Need Help? Let's chat.