cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Issues

lucyeyford
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I bought my SIM card around 2 weeks ago and I have had no issues with it until now. On random, my iPhone will say "No SIM card Installed" when my SIM card is in the tray. I have to remove the tray and put it back in again for it to work.

6 REPLIES 6

ZachsMom

I am having the same issue!  Brand new account and after over 48 hours of messing around I am 100% convinced the SIM is defective!!  Bogged frustration is ZERO customer service support this far!! Hope you get your issue solved soon! 

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gpixel wrote:

the sim tray can also have too much movement inside. you can't try putting a little piece of paper on the backside of the sim to try and create a better fit.

@lucyeyford  You'll only know for sure after trying it, but the solution I quoted above was what did the trick for me, with my wife's old Samsung S3. After experimenting with swapping in/out different SIM cards, when re-installing the SIM my wife had in that phone, it would say, "Emergency calls only - no SIM installed", or something similar, so all it took, was the aforementioned small piece of paper to exert a little extra downward pressure on the SIM, to make a better connection to the contacts in the phone's SIM slot.

lucyeyford

And I am missing important phone calls because it is going straight to voicemail. 

@lucyeyford login to your self serve and toggle the lost/stolen feature under "plans and add-ons" tab

you might also have a defective sim. the sim tray can also have too much movement inside. you can't try putting a little piece of paper on the backside of the sim to try and create a better fit.

otherwise contact customer support mods to reset your service from their end.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

lucyeyford

It works again when I turn on and off airplane mode, but is there anyway to permanently fix the issue as it is happening almost every 20 minuets. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@lucyeyford try resetting your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

if it happens again try toggling airplane mode on/off instead of removing the sim

Need Help? Let's chat.