cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Issues - What is a PUK and when do I need it?

dwvisser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went through this issue myself so I wanted to write about my experience with it to add to what's already posted in the community and update/refresh things a little in terms of procedure as these things can change over time. 

If something goes wrong with your PIN and you are suddenly locked out of your SIM and your phone services as a result of this (as I just experienced), then you`ll need to use your PUK

(Personal Unlocking Key or Pin Unlocking Key)

to unlock the SIM. Unless you've already obtained the PUK, you can request one by sending a PM to the moderators to ask for it. They`ll need to verify your identity through an online verification page and at the same time you will need to send them your SIM number (this is a 19 digit number printed on the SIM card itself). Once that's all done, they'lll send you a PUK (or two, I received two from the moderators so I suppose there may be two for each SIM card?). Now you're ready to go through the process to unlock the SIM and get your phone and your life back;) Here are the steps:

1)Restart the phone(turn off/ turn on the phone)

2)Input on the phone either PIN Unblocking Key 1-> XXXXXXXX or PIN Unblocking Key 2->XXXXXXXX and press OK.

3)Choose your new 4 digit numerical PIN.

4) Test your phone and see if you can make calls, send text messages and go on the internet using your mobile data.

Everything should work ok by then, and as they, "Bob's your Uncle!"

1 REPLY 1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dwvisser , this knowledge base article covers PUK code.  If you need one, you will have to contact the moderator team.   The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Need Help? Let's chat.