cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM IS NOT RECOGNIZED

laboctor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

My SIM is not being recognized. This is a new account, new phone number. 

I've paid for a three month phone plan. Not sure why this is happening. 

I'd be most grateful for a quick reply, as it is for a family who is in desperate need of a phone. 

Many thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @laboctor,

I replied to your private message, please view it in order to resolve this issue.

Thanks 🙂

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

laboctor
Thank you for pointing me in that direction. I have done those steps and alas, still no internet. Any thoughts? I'm using a samsung 3. Many thanks for your help.

@laboctor While you wait for Kalla to response, please do ensure you have the right APN settings on your phone. Here's a link to verify your phone's settings against:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

Pay special attention to the "APN Type" setting.

laboctor
Hi Kalla the phone is now working, but the data is not. Could you help me with this?

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @laboctor,

I checked your SIM card and its been activated. Your account has been properly provisioned too.

Please power cycle your device. If the issue persists, feel free to send me a private message.

In the future please refrain from posting your personal information on this forum (phone number, account number, SIM card serial number, etc.)

Thank you 🙂

Kalla

If we are to assist more info is needed. For example:

- Can you log into your self serve account? If so does it show "active" and the plan is as expected?

- Are you able to call out?

- What do you mean it goes to voicemail?

- Have you tried rebooting your phone?

- What is the make/model of your phone? Is it unlocked, or from Koodo/Telus?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

laboctor
We think the SIM card has not been activated

laboctor

Hi, the phone is definitely unlocked. Here is the number of the SIM card: 89xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can you please help us figure this out ASAP? When I call the number it goes straight to voice mail

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @laboctor,

I will be more than happy to assist you with this matter, I just saw your private message, please let me review the account and I will answer you right away!

Thanks 🙂

Shazia.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.