cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Failure

joesugarman27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help! I've started getting messages about every hour saying "SIM Failure" or "No SIM". I take out the SIM card and re insert and that fixes the issue for about one hour. Then the same thing happeneds. Any suggestions 

6 REPLIES 6

tron182
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is there any dirt in the slot or on the card itself, also factory resting phoe could work but look if theres any software updates or patches

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another phone then try inserting the sim to find out if it is a defective sim or phone related.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It may be time to change the sim or the phone isn't functioning correctly.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@joesugarman27 wrote:

Help! I've started getting messages about every hour saying "SIM Failure" or "No SIM". I take out the SIM card and re insert and that fixes the issue for about one hour. Then the same thing happeneds. Any suggestions 

Sim cards don't usually fail but if it won't work, a store will sell it for $10.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@joesugarman27 

That's very furstrating. As RobertQc wrote, it can be either the SIM card or your phone device.
If cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol doesn't change anything, check to make sure the SIM card is snug in your phone.

If there is any play, try attaching some tape behind the SIM card (not on the contacts) so that it will not budge.

If you've had the phone and SIM for many years, it may be time for a replacement.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@joesugarman27 wrote:

@joesugarman27Try inspecting and cleaning the contacts on the card and phone. If the issue is not solved then try the the sim in another phone. If the issue persists in a different phone I would just buy a new sim card. If it does not then I would assume its something to do with the hardware on your original phone / pin contacts.

Need Help? Let's chat.