cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card not working

Lisa49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My new SIM new activation is not working. It says Invalid SIM Card. Network locked SIM card inserted. Not sure if I should just use new SIM ?

9 REPLIES 9

@GinYVR wrote:

@will13amIn this case the source provider will have to enter the OP's IMEI to the Apple database to be unlocked. OP should be connected to wifi or sync with iTunes after the unlock to update the status.

Just in case people are clammering to say "it is the law that all phones are unlocked after 2018" that is not true.. the code simply said providers are obligated to unlock the phone when requested, which is a lot different than all phones come unlocked by default.

The OP isn't using an iPhone.  About 1.5 months after the OP got the answer about needing an unlock code, this thread was mysteriously revived with a message stating a phone model name, but other with with no other context or information.

@will13amIn this case the source provider will have to enter the OP's IMEI to the Apple database to be unlocked. OP should be connected to wifi or sync with iTunes after the unlock to update the status.

Just in case people are clammering to say "it is the law that all phones are unlocked after 2018" that is not true.. the code simply said providers are obligated to unlock the phone when requested, which is a lot different than all phones come unlocked by default.

@will13am wrote:

@aaronsanto wrote:

youre phone is probably locked. best bet I cna give you a couple of locations where you cna get it unlocked from based on where you live. If youre phone is unlocked then the sim might have been damaged while inserting, or you might want to check with the place you bought the sim from

Keppe me posted if that works

How about contacting the source carrier for a free unlock code.  

DougWoodman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Apple iPhone xr

@aaronsanto wrote:

youre phone is probably locked. best bet I cna give you a couple of locations where you cna get it unlocked from based on where you live. If youre phone is unlocked then the sim might have been damaged while inserting, or you might want to check with the place you bought the sim from

How about contacting the source carrier for a free unlock code.  

aaronsanto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 thanks for clearing this one up.  @Lisa49 please disregard what @joaqmarq and @Triguy were telling you, as that was misleading information.  @computergeek541 has given you the correct guidance for that error message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Lisa49 wrote:

My new SIM new activation is not working. It says Invalid SIM Card. Network locked SIM card inserted. Not sure if I should just use new SIM ?

This means that your phone is locked to another carrier. It is not an indcation of a sim card fault, nor does is it an indication of a number portability issue.  Public Mobile cannot help you with this network locked message.

This is an issue with your device. You must get this phone's network unlock code before you can use it.  If it is from a Canadian carrier, you can contact that carrier and get the code from them.  Codes can also be purchased from businesses who sell them.

joaqmarq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If the SIM is locked Most  likely you will have to order a new SIM card. 

Contact moderator and they will send one for free.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your phone number from another provider ?

Your phone may have been locked to a previous provider when you inserted their sim card.  It seems your phone is locked to your previous provider right now.  

What phone model are you using ?

Need Help? Let's chat.