cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card not delivered after 10 days

rickouellet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone else having this issue?  Can't get the contact form to submit either!

14 REPLIES 14

Janebrm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received mine in 6 days!

@rickouellet 

You may want to stop at a Walmart. In the flyer October 15th to 21st. Walmart has free sim card and 2nd 30 days free.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus credited to your account within 72 hours of activation.

Screenshot_20201016_011803.jpg

@MDubbleU wrote:

I ordered a sim card on September 28th and still have not received the SIM. Seems like there is no customer service from public mobile. Not impressed.

Hi @MDubbleU 

I got my sim card after almost 2 weeks.  You might need to wait until next week at least.  But if by next Friday you have not received your sim card, then you need to contact a moderator as suggested by @JoyLuck above.  

Click the (?) at the right bottom of the page.  

⦁ type "Sim card not received"
⦁ click "Contact Us"

⦁ then click "Submit a ticket - Click me!"

The sim card will come with a little brochure on how to activate your sim card.  Follow those steps or go here https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Welcome to Public Mobile. 😊 

@MDubbleU wrote:

I ordered a sim card on September 28th and still have not received the SIM. Seems like there is no customer service from public mobile. Not impressed.

I would give it until early next week for it to come. If it has not arrived by then you can contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

MDubbleU

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

And through these 10 days I will presume you been to or past a London Drugs or Walmart where you could have picked a sim up. 

If you need a sim I suggest you just stop at one of those places. A few weeks ago people were reporting 2/3 weeks to receive by mail.

@rickouellet  Just to expand on what @Jb456 said. Go pick one up. When the one you ordered comes in you will have a spare to give to your first referral. Cha ching! lol

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

And through these 10 days I will presume you been to or past a London Drugs or Walmart where you could have picked a sim up. 

If you need a sim I suggest you just stop at one of those places. A few weeks ago people were reporting 2/3 weeks to receive by mail.

@rickouellet wrote:

I'm in Wasaga Beach

Unfortunately, I believe that means that it will actually take longer because you're in Ontario. Public Mobile has been long sending many of these shipments by lettermail while these used to use Xpresspost. I believe that the closer you are to Mississauga, the more likely your SIM card will be sent without a tracking. This also means a a slower possible transit time. I can only think that because letters within the same province are really only supposed to take 2 or 3 business days, Public Mobile might be using this as an opportuity to save money.

rickouellet

I'm in Wasaga Beach

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

This has been an issue since covid started, sorry

It should be there soon if you don't get it in 3 weeks since your placed your order please contact moderators

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

LD1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got mine on the 7th business days, so you might get yours soon.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

GTA delivery seems reasonably quick. Where are you?

Reports say this company is often good price and delivery: 

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rickouellet 

I can understand your frustration with this. I got mine in the store and had the person activate my SIM. Orders usually get processed in a few business days as everyone is joining to reduce their phone bills. If it's being shipped ground it will be delayed which is normal. I would give it some time and don’t forget to keep your old line active for a smooth number port over.

@rickouellet wrote:

Anyone else having this issue?  Can't get the contact form to submit either!

Moderators can be reached by private message by going to: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I don't see 10 days as being nearly enough time these days for a delivery esitmate. Public Mobile is sending many of the SIM card orders by regular mail. I've found that this can take anywhere from a couple days to a few weeks. It's been like this since April and isn't specific to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.