cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card full?

dotneuls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, a newer customer here. I have not many text messages but already I keep getting messages that my SIM card is full? This is a tiny amount - is there a way to uncap this? I've never had a phone that told me this, I used to just accumulate text messages without a problem. I have the unlimited texting $25 plan. Also when I got this message, I said for default use to be saved in my memory card - but that didn't work either.

Any help, as deleting text messages all the time will be a big let down. Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@micheleherman44 

How about a little more info on your issue. SIM cards don't hold info like phone numbers like they once did so what is full? Do you need to go into your settings>>apps>>app?>>clear cache?!!🤔

micheleherman44

How do I empty it it doesn't show any messages so how is it full

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dotneuls 

Make sure you don't have "Message copied to SIM" selected. See here.

After you do that go delete some or all of your old texts to make sure you clear the ones already saved to the SIM, to prevent the same error message in the future.

Here is an article about how to backup your texts to SD card.

https://www.coolmuster.com/android/save-text-messages-to-sd-card.html

dotneuls

Hi, my phone is a Huawei GR5 (Honor 5x) and it has only 16gb. But I set a SD card (128) to be default storage. There is barely any use of the SD card right now. Wouldn't texts be stored in the SD if I set it as default? I have never had this problem either and this phone is also new to me. The message is definitely that my SIM card is full and it asks me to delete some messages.

@gpixel wrote:

@dotneuls I think you have too many contacts on your sim card. try and move all your contacts to your Google account or iPhone instead of saving it to your sim. modern phones save contacts to your account nowadays. 

That is entirely possible, but I do not believe many people save contacts to sim cards any longer. I've always thought of saving contact information to your sim card to be rather limited because I believe that it allow you only save a name and one phone number per contact. Most people would have transititioned by now to either saving a vcf file or some type of cloud backup, and using the phone's main storage area to save information about these contacts.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dotneuls I think you have too many contacts on your sim card. try and move all your contacts to your Google account or iPhone instead of saving it to your sim. modern phones save contacts to your account nowadays. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dotneuls whats the make and model of your phone? Thanks.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dotneuls wrote:

Hi, a newer customer here. I have not many text messages but already I keep getting messages that my SIM card is full? This is a tiny amount - is there a way to uncap this? I've never had a phone that told me this, I used to just accumulate text messages without a problem. I have the unlimited texting $25 plan. Also when I got this message, I said for default use to be saved in my memory card - but that didn't work either.

Any help, as deleting text messages all the time will be a big let down. Thanks!

@dotneuls  That message has nothing to do with Public Mobile from the sounds of it appears that your SD card or your phone storage is running low.  Might want to get a larger SD card or even a newer phone with more memory. What type of phone are you using?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dotneuls are your text messages being saved to the SIM? What phone do you have. Ive never seen this beofre. SIM cards have extremely low storage capacity. The only thing that can be stored on them are contacts. Your phone storage could be low. Try deleting things.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dotneuls wrote:

Your sim card is full or your memory on your phone is full?  I have never had that message on my phone about my sim card

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.