cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Not Working

elisapmacg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my Samsung A5 to your service a couple of days ago.  The SIM card in my phone doesnt work.  I can't get my Data to work and I can only call out on my phone. My phone cant recieve calls.  Can I replace my SIM card or is there a way to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5

@LEGO wrote:

@elisapmacg 

It is always better to continue to use your old provider until service stop working, then you know that transfer was completed and you can swap your SIM cards.

If it has been 3 hours (for mobile number) since you ported, the port is either still in the process of being completed or is stuck. Landline / VoIP numbers might take up to 10 days to port over. You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

The moment of excitment when you think @LEGO has returned, but sadly @andrgerda necro'd a 6 month old post. Sigh.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@andrgerda hard to say for sure but let's try the common stuff:

1) Did you confirm your phone is compatible?  The IMEI checker on Public Mobile's website is not very accurate.  Please check using https://www.willmyphonework.net, as it is more accurate.

2) Are you sure your phone is not locked to your previous provider?  Locked to Telus or Koodo is fine, but locked to any other provider means it needs to be unlocked before you can use it here.  If you purchased it from your previous provider prior to Dec 2017, it probably came locked to that provider.  Contact them for an unlock code.

3) If neither of the above applies, please try signing into your self-serve account.  What does your account status show?  It should show Active.

4) What message(s) are you seeing on the phone?

EDIT: I should add, if you do need to contact Public Mobile for help, you do so by sending a private message to the moderator team.  You can find all the details here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745.  That said, more often than not, the issue you're seeing is a phone problem rather than something the moderators can help with.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

andrgerda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello , who can help me and how to contact public mobile ? 

i aciveted new sim card and everything on my account works i top up by 10 cad bus sim is not active at all .  I try different phones as well 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elisapmacg 

It is always better to continue to use your old provider until service stop working, then you know that transfer was completed and you can swap your SIM cards.

If it has been 3 hours (for mobile number) since you ported, the port is either still in the process of being completed or is stuck. Landline / VoIP numbers might take up to 10 days to port over. You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@elisapmacg, the very fact that you can call out shows the SIM is connecting to the network.  All the other issues are non SIM related.  For data, please check the APN settings.  Refer to the following knowledge base link of setting up the APN.  For the incoming call issue, did you happen to perform a number port into this service.  Often the problem with not receiving incoming calls is due to an incomplete port.  If a port was done, which provider was it?  Ports from other cellular providers will complete much faster than 2 days.  The easiest way to check is to continue to use the old service until the port completes which terminates the old service.  Land lines, VOIP, etc. can take longer to port.  For stuck ports, you will need to contact the moderator team to have the port resubmitted.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to this service.

Need Help? Let's chat.