cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM Card Inserted Locked

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. I just transferred and activated my Public Mobile accound. I tried to use the new SIM card in the phone but "Invalid SIM card. Network locked SIM card inserted". How do I fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: SIM Card Inserted Locked

@alicehung93  also because it's a Samsung you can go on samsung.ca and start a chat conversation and ask them for the unlock code! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@alicehung93 you have to call your previous provider and have them unlocked the phone!  Who were you with before? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@alicehung93 hi yes that does mean your phone is locked to your previous carrier as suggested by @GR 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@alicehung93  also because it's a Samsung you can go on samsung.ca and start a chat conversation and ask them for the unlock code! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I've called them and they gave me numbers to unlock but it's still locked 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@alicehung93  make sure you input it exactly as given. If it doesn't work call them back. If you input it wrong too many times then you need a master code from Samsung 

Highlighted

my phone is unlocked 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@alicehung93 that's great, welcome to public mobile! 

Highlighted

I had the same problem, and Samsung told me that I had to get a new sim card and get a hold of my sim card provider. I'm in this chat for the same problem at this moment. I just bought a galaxy s8 and just purchased a new sim card on the main public Mobile site that I'm waiting for... But I'm afraid I'm gonna put the new sim card in and it's gonna lock again... 

Highlighted

I was talking to Samsung though and they told me they couldn't do anything and I needed to get a hold of public mobile.... The bot couldn't help me.