cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Inserted Locked

alicehung93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. I just transferred and activated my Public Mobile accound. I tried to use the new SIM card in the phone but "Invalid SIM card. Network locked SIM card inserted". How do I fix it?

11 REPLIES 11

@SariaAdams wrote:

I was talking to Samsung though and they told me they couldn't do anything and I needed to get a hold of public mobile.... The bot couldn't help me. 

Are you trying to use this Samsung device at Public Mobile or at another carrier?  If you're not trying to use this phone at a another carrier or this phone isn't locked to Telus or Koodo, the iniformation that Samsung provided you is incorrect. Carrier-wise, only the carrier that the phone is locked to can help.

If your Samsung device is one that was originally meant for the Canadian market, Samsung Canada should be providing you with the unlock code. I would just try Samsung again and hope for better luck the second time.

@SariaAdams wrote:

I was talking to Samsung though and they told me they couldn't do anything and I needed to get a hold of public mobile.... The bot couldn't help me. 

If you need to contact a moderator do the following:

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

SariaAdams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SariaAdams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same problem, and Samsung told me that I had to get a new sim card and get a hold of my sim card provider. I'm in this chat for the same problem at this moment. I just bought a galaxy s8 and just purchased a new sim card on the main public Mobile site that I'm waiting for... But I'm afraid I'm gonna put the new sim card in and it's gonna lock again... 

@alicehung93 that's great, welcome to public mobile! 

alicehung93

my phone is unlocked 

@alicehung93  make sure you input it exactly as given. If it doesn't work call them back. If you input it wrong too many times then you need a master code from Samsung 

alicehung93

I've called them and they gave me numbers to unlock but it's still locked 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@alicehung93  also because it's a Samsung you can go on samsung.ca and start a chat conversation and ask them for the unlock code! 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@alicehung93 hi yes that does mean your phone is locked to your previous carrier as suggested by @GR 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@alicehung93 you have to call your previous provider and have them unlocked the phone!  Who were you with before? 

Need Help? Let's chat.