cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Dead on Arrival

dmsimone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just received a new SIM card in the mail, proceeded to activate it and install it. The SIM card appears to be nonfunctional. I installed a SIM card from my other phone (also on Public Mobile) without issue. How can I get a replacemt SIM card? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

dmsimone

Thank you. I will contact them.

@dmsimone One last test, is the new SIM in your wife's phone. Still dead, you'll need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Parkbench13

I have a similar issue. I purchased a sim two days ago, registered and activated it. Everything worked fine until this morning my phone will not even recognize that there is a sim in it....faulty batch of cheap sims maybe?

dmsimone

The unit is a wireless home phone base. It's non functional, as in will not connect to a service using the new SIM. The account is setup correctly (This is not my first Public Mobile account). I have verified the IMEI. It does not have a network search option. Like I stated previously, if I insert my SIM from my cell phone (also Public Mobile) it functions properly. As a side note, the SIM card packaging does look slightly damaged but it didn't look concerning at the time.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dmsimone  what do you mean non functional? What is the error message?

Is the account set up correctly?

Is your phone compatible? What happens when you do a network search? 

@dmsimone Were you able to go through the activation process? 

dmsimone

I just received a new SIM card in the mail, proceeded to activate it and install it. The SIM card appears to be nonfunctional. I installed a SIM card from my other phone (also on Public Mobile) without issue. How can I get a replacemt SIM card? Thank you.

Need Help? Let's chat.