Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Samsung Galaxy S5

burkely
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey folks,

Yet another question from the wonderful and fabulous, Burkely! 😛

Just curious, I saw a post on here about a rogers phone running on 2g and that PM doesn't support the 2g calling.

So I'm curious about the Rogers S5.

A good deal came along for $150 through a family friend, and I'd like to make sure everything would be kosher.

Can't see why not as its a newer model, but may as well ask!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

16 REPLIES 16

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Like I said before I didn't make anything up, I am only going by what you said.

burkely

@chukdefatey 

I'm not even going to continue going on with this topic, as it's going nowhere and it's just petty at this point. 

Cheers!

chukdefatey
@burkley, I am only going by what you said, you don't have to reply. You said you felt like you were stealing from her which means in your heart you felt like you were taking Advantage her which means you probably were. That's all.

the1nonly214

Good to hear.

Sorry for the assumption just wanted to provide the most amble advice I could based on what I could comprehend.

I bought the S5 when it released last April and you will surely love it. This phone is fast, riddled with cool features, water resistant and so much more.

The S3 must look like a dwarf compared to the S5. Enjoy it you made a great upgrade IMHO.

burkely
@the1nonly214

Friend of the family. It was actually a kijiji ad I replied to, and turned out to be a relative.

I've got the bill of sale for everything including the headset.

Clean imei, and everything is transfered.

We're golden.

And coming from the s3 to this, its actually a really nice phone. Fairly different also. Was pretty surprised at the difference.

the1nonly214

Since you are obtaining the phone from your friend whom I assume is the original owner you shouldn't have any issues with blacklisting down the line. Just have the seller remove the IMEI from their rogers account and you will be golden. No further actions are really necessary on your part. If you do want added security drum up a bill of sale or ask for the original receipt (if available) either of these should help protect you in the event something goes awry.

Congrats on the good deal I wish I could get an S5 at that price, you will love it, it's an awesome phone.

burkely
@chukdefatey
I'm not even going to take the time out of my day to reply to that.

Somebody is selling something for said price, are you going to turn around and offer more? I think not.

chukdefatey
^If you felt you were taking an advantage of her then you probably were. Don't take this the wrong way but what comes around goes around.

burkely
Gotta say I got one steal on this phone. The s5 is 3 weeks old it came with a brand new otter box still in the package, extra battery, travel charger, life time on the screen protector. Came with the receipt, and I had her call in to verify it was paid off and to transfer ownership.

I didn't know if I should have offered her more money or not... Felt like I was stealing from her. lol

And 0 whater damage from what I could see.

burkely
I'll be calling rogers in a few. Just to make sure. I'll be having the owner call Rogers to transfer ownership at the same time.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes agreed as there is nothing you can do after the fact but I don't know how many people I have sold a phone to and don't even bother to try it out.

I have in the past set the phone up for them using my own sim so people can at east see the phone working before they purchase.

Cheers

chukdefatey
^That website will only tell you what the current situation is but it won't protect you from future issues that you may have with the IMEI. But since the Purchase is from a Rogers Customer you should be fine as long as the original owner hasn't purchased it on a Fraudulent account, lost or stolen. Bell on the other hand will also block it for unpaid bills if the device had any sort of hard subsidy even though that is not what they are suppose to do.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
If you are going to pick it up run the IMEI thru www.protectyourdata.ca website just to make sure. If it is a family member then you should be good but once unlocked it will work on all Canadian carriers without issue.

As chuk has alluded to Rogers will not tell you much.

Good luck on the new purchase.

chukdefatey
^Rogers is not going to tell you anything about the Account because it's not yours nor will they tell you if the phone is good or bad.

burkely
@chukdefatey exactly my thoughts. Going to go pick it up in about an hour, purchased the unlock code.

Probably should have called Roger's first to make sure everything is good with the account though.

I'll do that now.

Thanks buddy!

chukdefatey

@burkely wrote:
Hey folks,

Yet another question from the wonderful and fabulous, Burkely! 😛

Just curious, I saw a post on here about a rogers phone running on 2g and that PM doesn't support the 2g calling.

So I'm curious about the Rogers S5.

A good deal came along for $150 through a family friend, and I'd like to make sure everything would be kosher.

Can't see why not as its a newer model, but may as well ask!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

$150 is a steal for that phone so go ahead and purchase it as it will run just fine on PMs 3G & LTE Network once unlocked

Need Help? Let's chat.