cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore my contact

Daniela
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just "master clear" my phone and I lost all my contacts. I would like to find a way to have them back.

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CecicliaGarcia did you happen to see this reply right above yours?????

@srlawren wrote:

@EmilyBaker FYI this thread was idle for 38 months before you revived it.  I'm pretty sure that @Daniela has either already resolved this, or moved on with her life by now.

It's now been THREE AND A HALF YEARS.  The issue has LONG been resolved.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CecicliaGarcia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before finding ways to restore or find back your contacts, you'd better to have a look at your Android device, because your contacts might not be deleted. So you need to make sure all your contats are being displayed.
1. Find "Contacts" and open it on your Android phone.
2. Tap on the menu button on the top right corner. Then choose "Settings" > "Contacts to Display".
3. Select "All Contacts". Now, you can return and check whether you got your contacts back or not.
If it is back, that means your contacts is not deleted but hidden. But if it is still not back, you can try the below method to get them back.
An excellent program is required for the task - Coolmuster Android Contacts Recovery. It is easy to manage as you can recover lost, deleted, or formatted contacts on Android phones through only several clicks.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@EmilyBaker FYI this thread was idle for 38 months before you revived it.  I'm pretty sure that @Daniela has either already resolved this, or moved on with her life by now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

EmilyBaker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you did not backup your phone with computer, the recovery software for

Phone users may help you retrieve the deleted contacts, you can get them back in few steps.

Important: don't try to use your phone any more after losing the data, otherwise the data will be overwritten and unrecoverable.

You'd better develop a good habit of backing up all your messages. It can greatly reduce the possibility of losing messages in your daily life. And the action of backing up seems to be much easier than restoring.

Martin
Legend
Legend
To add to what Mansi said, if you build a perfect foundation, you can then erect an edifice without worrying that it will collapse.

That is the reason that we are in Beta, and will continue to be so until the foundation of PM is without fault. Mansi and the other team members are DEPENDING on our help. Read the KB articles, authored by team members. If something doesn't make sense, private message Mansi about it. Click links. If they are dead or lead to outdated information, tell Mansi. Use your time productively by answering questions, and finding problems. Help get PM out of Beta so this company will not lose its subscribers in the interim.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

You're discussing the theoretical. How do you know that Daniela is NOW without her contacts?

She did accept my solution, and I certainly didn't private-message her to do so.

It seems that you're arguing a point for the sake of arguing. Also, why did you find it necessary to insult her in regard to sounding like a ten-year-old? Do you like to be insulted?

To keep track:
1: you have an issue with people who warn others to not post personal information
2: you insulted a person whom you felt should have known better? Have you ever heard the expression, "To err is human".

The most disappointing aspect of your behaviour is to put people down. Does it make you feel superior when you do, as if you were standing on the backs of your inferiors?

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

hi @chukdefatey - you know that every issue may not have a resolution but now Daniela is aware of the impacts of master clearing the phone.  

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Mansi_G, if that the case then get @daniela's contact back for her.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Now days 10 years old girly are smarter than old years mummies

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@chukdefatey  - Let's not underestimate the power of the most basic questions as these have the greater impact on the end-user experience. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Daniela, I don't mean to sound rude but you sound like a 10 year old, if you didn't regularly back up your info or didn't back up your info before doing a master reset then how do you expect Public Mobile to help you restore them?

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
If at any time you exported your contacts to SIM, U can import them back again to the phone, if none of above suggested ideas were not completed, only solution is to reenter them manually. don't forget to back them up using gmail, SD, SIM or any other back up facility

Martin
Legend
Legend
Daniela,

When you did a factory reset, everything was deleted from your phone that was added after you acquired it.

If your phone is synchronized with your Google account, your contacts are there. Once you sign into your Google account from your phone, your contacts will start downloading.

If you have an iPhone and backed your contacts up, then you still have them.

If neither applies, I regret to inform you that your contacts are lost.

One way to retrieve them is to go into your PM online account, and check Usage History, which goes back 365 days. The history will show you the numbers you called and the numbers which your callers used to call you. It's not a perfect solution, but you will be able to salvage some contacts.

Good luck!

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Daniela 

If you've master cleared or "factory reset" your phone and didn't have the contacts backed up to an email account or memory card - provided your phone has that functionality than they are likely permanently erased.

Need Help? Let's chat.