cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported calls from my number that I have not made

dcamp2010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is probably a question/concern for the moderators to look into, but has anyone else gotten calls from numbers you've never dialed claiming that your number has called them first? I've had this happen twice in the past week now.

I did transfer my number from my previous provider and as far as I am aware, everything there has been done correctly so I really don't know how these people are being called from my number.

I'd like to get this taken care of as quickly as possible, so any advice is appreciated. Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dcamp2010 

If you discovered form your usage history that you phone number was calling a number with last 4 digits 4001 or 4002.  Those number are your voicemail number.  If you don't answer your incoming call, your call will be forward to your voice mail for your caller to leave a message for you. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dcamp2010 ,

It can happen to any one of us unfortunately! 

😕

It is a pain, but hopefully, whoever is doing it will drop your number soon!

A little info on this, if are interested:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/identit.htm

dcamp2010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the info, this is the first time I've ever had this issue. It doesn't bother me getting calls from unknown numbers, but I don't want other people being hassled either.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dcamp2010 it looks like someone spoofed your number.  You could switch your number but there is no guarantee that this wont happen to the new one too. I recently got a call from someone claiming the same thing. I'm waiting it out. They will normally move on in a few weeks. Stay safe 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dcamp2010 your number is being spoofed by scammers. best thing to do is let it pass

Need Help? Let's chat.