cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing battery & saving settings?

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I bought an android phone with a removable battery. The sim card goes under the battery and works fine. Since I didn't know what size SD card the phone would take I didn't put that in at the time and it's also under the battery. Now I'd like to put a SD card in for extra storage. Before I take the battery out and I assume lose all contacts and settings is there anything I can do?

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc wrote:

@Darren4 wrote:

Wish my phone had a replaceable battery. 

@Darren4  All phones have a replaceable battery, it just takes more effort in some.

@RobertQc touche!  But I think Darren meant a "user-replaceable" battery.  😛

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Darren4 wrote:

@Darren4  All phones have a replaceable battery, it just takes more effort in some.

Darren4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ok thank you for the replies and letting me know I have nothing to worry about.

No need to save anything. Just power down the phone, remove battery and insert SD card. Once you boot up, everything will remain in place.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Lar wrote:

I bought an android phone with a removable battery. The sim card goes under the battery and works fine. Since I didn't know what size SD card the phone would take I didn't put that in at the time and it's also under the battery. Now I'd like to put a SD card in for extra storage. Before I take the battery out and I assume lose all contacts and settings is there anything I can do?

I don't know how old your phone is. Long ago sim *contacts were saved to sim, now usually they are saved to google account or phone directly.

Either way, you are only taking your battery out for a minute (if you took the battery out for 10 years or 1 minutes it doesn't effect the things saved in your phone) only temporary processes that were running and not saved, the stuff on your phone is saved untill you erase the phone / factory reset (possilby switch sim cards if the contacts are saved on sim)

Need Help? Let's chat.