cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Phone

Lab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I want to move the Public Mobile sim card in my phone to a replacement phone, will the new replacement phone have the same number and  Public Mobile plan?

Do I have to manually move the contact information to the replacement phone?

5 REPLIES 5

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

just take your sim with you to your new phone, and it will work fine, to transfer the other info, depends on what kind of phone you have, goole that shows it very clearly, easier then typing it all 🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Lab 

You may need to restart the phone with your sim in, select public mobile manually, do network reset or even factory reset the phone. If you are lucky it will just work.

If your new phone starts asking for some code or puk number, that means that the phone is locked to previous provider. Don't enter random numbers as you can permanently lock it, instead contact the manufacturer or the original provider the phone was used with and they will give it to you free of charge.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No @Lab you just need to swop the old SIM over to the new phone and restart it. As long as the new phone is unlocked, the SIM should work. What are the makes and models of the 2 phones? We would be able to suggest a way to easier transfer the contacts over if we knew this. Thanks.

@Lab wrote:

If I want to move the Public Mobile sim card in my phone to a replacement phone, will the new replacement phone have the same number and  Public Mobile plan?

Do I have to manually move the contact information to the replacement phone?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Lab Yes, you will have the same phone number since you are transferring the same sim card. If you use a new sim card, you will have to add that new sim card number in your self-serve account.
As for all contacts, you need to manually trasfer it unless you already have it backed up in clouds such as Google Drive or iCloud. Once you sign in using the same Google or Apple account, contact shoudl automatically load if you have it backed up.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Yes your account is tied to your sim, you can move it to any unlocked phone that is compatible with Telus network.

If you are using Google contacts they will populated your contacts in your phone once you login to your Google account

Need Help? Let's chat.