cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace my existing cell phone with a new one

Mdiec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to replace my existing phone with a new one. I am wondering if I need to provide you the new IMEI number. If yes, please provide the instructions. 

If I plug in the existing SIM Card to the new cellphone, would the Public service work right away.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@Mdiec wrote:

I am going to replace my existing phone with a new one. I am wondering if I need to provide you the new IMEI number. If yes, please provide the instructions. 

If I plug in the existing SIM Card to the new cellphone, would the Public service work right away.

The people you are speaking to are customers and do not work for Public Mobile. Public Mobile would immediately know the IMEI as soon as you connect to the network.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Mdiec  you can easily move your SIM from your old phone to a new one.  In case your SIM "seems" to be bigger, check if there is a "frame" that you can take it off.  (Tri-punched SIM)

Also, make sure your new phone is compatible on PM network.  Most phones you can buy in Canada should work.   But if you got your phones from oversea, then check first.

If your phone was used on another network before, check if it is unlocked.

Have fund with your new phone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mdiec wrote:

Thanks

Hello @Mdiec 

SIM cards, now-a-days, come in 3-in-1 sizes:

esjliv_0-1603577624495.png

If the SIM slot is smaller on your new phone, gently snap away the outside adapters and insert the SIM to your new.

If the SIM slot is large on your new phone, you can likely obtain the adaptors for free from someone or a cell shop, that probably through them away.

The SIM card is attached to your phone number and account, so no information needs to be provided to Public Mobile when changing phones.

I would recommend doing a RESET of the Network Settings with the SIM in the new phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mdiec : It's just a simple matter of moving the SIM from one phone to another. Size matters. And of course the phone needs to be compatible and unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.