cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Reinstall calling app

So.....the bf's "new" phone a galaxy S6 edge can make and recieve calls. His "reception" is fine but the caller just gets squealing and static and the odd word can be heard in the background but is completely useless. So ive managed to get my hands on the phone for a few minutes. While turning off all the background data and going thru all the apps i noticed he has no traditional phone app and as far as i can tell only has WhatsApp and nothing set as default. What would be the best suited phone app for this phone? What would have been the originally installed phone app?

Your help would be most appreciated....i haven't really done this before. Who uninstalls their calling app? Weird.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Reinstall calling app

@darlicious wrote:

So.....the bf's "new" phone a galaxy S6 edge can make and recieve calls. His "reception" is fine but the caller just gets squealing and static and the odd word can be heard in the background but is completely useless. So ive managed to get my hands on the phone for a few minutes. While turning off all the background data and going thru all the apps i noticed he has no traditional phone app and as far as i can tell only has WhatsApp and nothing set as default. What would be the best suited phone app for this phone? What would have been the originally installed phone app?

Your help would be most appreciated....i haven't really done this before. Who uninstalls their calling app? Weird.

@darlicious I am surprised he was able to uninstall the Samsung phone app that came with the phone. Here is a list of possible alternatives:

https://www.mobileappdaily.com/best-dialer-apps

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious download phone by google

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious  Think you need a new bf. Anyone who manages to remove the standard phone app and can't figure out what to do, only knows enough to be dangerous. Hopefully, just to himself.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 

Thank you.

@kb_mv 

Thank you.

I will look at both of these apps to see which is best but I'm leaning towards the Samsung app because im assuming it's what was originally installed on the phone. Unless it's a good idea to install both and have one set as the default? Opinions?

@benfatto 

As hard as the bf is on phones he can't take the blame for this one....this would be the previous owners fault.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious Normally the Samsung app is the default dialer on the Samsung phones. People add other ones that may have a better  (to Them) interface or that offers different features. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have two. I agree with you that I would reinstall the "factory" app and then find another one that he may like better. Default app is easy to change as I'm sure you are aware.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Thanks everyone.....the bf snagged his phone again while he exercises the dog so once I get it back I'll install and report back.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

Thanks everyone.....the bf snagged his phone again while he exercises the dog so once I get it back I'll install and report back.

Call me crazy--everyone else does--but if the phone had a previous owner messing around with it, this might be an opportune time to do a factory reset.

Just be aware the reset wipes the phone clean.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DOA 

Oh yes the first task was a factory reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.