cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding my sim locked

Maria16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My SIM card is locked asking for a PUK code why ??

6 REPLIES 6

@Maria16  Do not try 1234. It won't work. It's a myth. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Maria16 you may need to contact Public Mobile. The SIM pin code for all PUBLIC SIMS defaults to 1234. But it sounds like you may be a new customer and your phone is locked. Contact your previous carrier and give them your IME# They can unlock your SIM from there. 

Dial #*06# to get your IME#

What phone do you have? If it us a samsung you can call samsung canada and also get it unlocked there. 

edit: thats weird I didnt see any other responses???

@gblackma I like the response, much cleaner and straight to the point! 👍

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Maria16 if you just inserted your PM SIM  into your phone for the first time  and it asked for a SIM unlock code then it's locked to your previous provider and you have to contact them to get it. Dial *#06# on your phone to get your imei number. They will ask you for it.

If you had your phone for a period of time, you lock yourself out and it asked for a puk code. You have to contact the moderators and ask them for it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower response- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. Welcome to the community. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Maria16 what type of PUK code is it? 

• if you have a sim pin and you've entered it wrong 3 times, this will give you a PUK code

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Maria16 hi what type of phone do you have ? have you just signed up?

Need Help? Let's chat.