cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redmi 6

killerofmusic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi so a family member of mine bought a redmi 6 from India some time ago. It's only sold in India. It is compatible with all the 4G and 3G public bands(frequency). However, previously a similar phone bought from India did not work with a canadian sim card due to being locked to only working in India. So if someone has a Redmi 6 bought from India and are using with Public please let me know. 

Thanks ! 

12 REPLIES 12

@killerofmusic , that is okay.  I do think you can undo the solution.  No worries anyway.  

@killerofmusic wrote:

@will13am  Awesome. This is what i was looking for. Unfortunately I already gave someone else as Solution and I don't think it can be taken back. Thanks a lot for your help though. 

@killerofmusic  The whole idea behind the solution is so that another customer with a similar problem can find the correct solution without having to go through the other posts.

So please go ahead and mark the correct reply as the solution.:smileyhappy:

@killerofmusic  It has to support band B4 otherwise you will experience problems with connectivity depending on your location.

killerofmusic

@will13am  Awesome. This is what i was looking for. Unfortunately I already gave someone else as Solution and I don't think it can be taken back. Thanks a lot for your help though. 

killerofmusic

@geopublic  It has 4G. I have seen it work on 4G LTE in India. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@killerofmusic  If you are going to buy a phone to use in NA best to make sure it has LTE/4G B4 otherwise avoid.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@killerofmusic No matter where the phone is bought. If it is unlocked, it will work. 

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The phone needs to be unlocked to work with PM.  That phone will work as long as it's not locked.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@killerofmusic , the Indian version of the Redmi 6 will work on Public Mobile.  Band 2 and 5 on 3G and Band 5 FDD-LTE on 4G are the compatible bands.  Be aware that there may be limited capability on 4G as Band 4 FDD-LTE is the most popular band.

https://www.mi.com/in/redmi-6/specs/

I did some research and there is a model in India. Here are the specs.

Screenshot_20200319-133150.png

I'd say 3g only, but for most, this is ok. Others may have more informed input.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@killerofmusic Are you near them? Put your pm Sim in the phone. If not, tell them to put any Telus Koodo PM sim and see if it works

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@killerofmusic If you know any one with a SIM that fits your phone, borrow and insert it. It doesn't even have to be a PM SIM. That should tell you if your Redmi 6  will work in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.