cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended cell phone for seniors on PM

scelford
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone have a recommendation for a simple, inexpensive smart phone for a senior that is compatible with PM?

12 REPLIES 12

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Might I suggest an iPhone SE. Apart from all the functionalities like bigger fonts, friendly interface, etc., it lasts longer. So you get your money’s worth. 

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hairbag1 wrote:

Now that I think about it...hey..I'm a senior citizen already !!.

I have an iPhone SE 2012 and am happy with it. Does everything I want it to, small size and I look so darn groovy packing it around everywhere I go !!   😎

OH YEAH, you do, wearin' your white shoes, white pants, with white belt, and your Hawaiian shirt, unbuttoned almost to your navel, sportin' all those thick gold chains danglin' around your neck..... you are a real chick magnet, aren't you!? 😉 🤣

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Check this website:

https://www.cellphones.ca/cell-phones/p/best-phones-seniors-10021/

Hi @scelford  check out the link above ^^^^ by @yanzhiqiang.  Nice list of cell phones for seniors.  Cheers!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@scelford 

If the screen is big enough you can always use simple launcher and tweak tap sensitivity.

I did that couple of times for older people, was lucky that most of the times there was already simple mode in native launcher, but couple of times I did have to get it off of the play store. I never had the complaint about it after.

Here is a link I found

www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-best-simple-android-launchers-parents-grandparents/amp/ 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@scelford 

Older senior should use a flip phone.  Open to answer call. Close it to end the call.

Alcatel Go Flip from Telus or Bell prepaid will work with PM. 

https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/38223/bell_lucky_mobile_virgin_mobile_alcatel_go_flip_2_8_flip...

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

My mom is close to a senior and she uses a Samsung S10. She has all the settings put into large button. You could probably do that with any phone though to be honest. Look on Amazon they have plenty of phones that are cheap and compatible. Check back here before making the purchase. 

Hope that is helpful @scelford 

@Helpershelper wrote:

For seniors, a flip phone is the simplest, but I’ll start with my smartphone recommendation which is iPhone SE. Also check out Motorola Moto G7, LG Exalt and Nokia 3310.

Now that I think about it...hey..I'm a senior citizen already !!.

I have an iPhone SE 2012 and am happy with it. Does everything I want it to, small size and I look so darn groovy packing it around everywhere I go !!   😎

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For seniors, a flip phone is the simplest, but I’ll start with my smartphone recommendation which is iPhone SE. Also check out Motorola Moto G7, LG Exalt and Nokia 3310.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@scelford wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a simple, inexpensive smart phone for a senior that is compatible with PM?

What do you need a smart phone for....

do you use the text functions ?

do you use the data functions ? (internet and email)

do you need it to just talk ?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@scelford wrote:

Call your local Costco. They usually have one or two low cost android phones. Older models but good price and 90 day hassle free return policy. They are usually in the electronics section. I am not talking about the phones in the kiosk, but the ones in the electronics section.If you need a case or screen protector for the phone too, then purchase those off amazon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scelford wrote:

Think about agility/dexterity (arthritis) with buttons, think about vision with screen and buttons, think about hearing with connectivity and volume.

Lots of "smart" phones marketed as seniors phones.

Sorry. No actual recommendations. Just some thoughts.

Need Help? Let's chat.