cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receptions isssues

jennylautrajano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can't call or received phone calls.  Can't connect to puclic wifi and even when i turn on my data, i cant' still access the internet.  Also i access Apple Support and did a diagnostic and confirmed its not a hardware issue.  They suggest a SIM issue.  How can i resolve this issue?

Thank you

Siu

8 REPLIES 8

@jennylautrajano 

I just have two questions....

1. Did you just activate?
  2. Did you test your sim in another phone and get the same result?

@esjliv wrote:

@jennylautrajano wrote:

Can't call or received phone calls.  Can't connect to puclic wifi and even when i turn on my data, i cant' still access the internet.  Also i access Apple Support and did a diagnostic and confirmed its not a hardware issue.  They suggest a SIM issue.  How can i resolve this issue?

Thank you

Siu

@jennylautrajano 

Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Also, check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

A locked phone is ok....as long as it is locked or works on Telus or Koodo. 

I think the OP should start to respond. @jennylautrajano 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jennylautrajano wrote:

Thank you

Siu

@jennylautrajano 

Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Also, check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jennylautrajano  As mentioned by many above, the fact that it can't connect to public wifi confirms that it is not a SIM issue.

i suggest you to make a trip to Apple Store, they will for sure assist and this is something they can help at their shop.    At least have them to find out why public wifi is not accessible. 

Another thing to look for, did you ever setup VPN for work or school?  There was an issue before that it was a school VPN setup that blocked all the data connection.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

What iPhone do you have?

How long have you been a customer?

Is your phone unlocked?

Can you try the SIM in another phone to isolate if it is phone or SIM? (unlocked, Telus or Koodo)

You could do a total reset of the phone from Settings OR run the reset with phone hooked up to iTunes as mentioned?

Has your phone been recently repaired...new screen or battery? Could be an antennae no longer connected in phone. But that is a stretch. 

iPhone should work on wi-fi with or without a SIM. 

@jennylautrajano wrote:

When it comes to Wi-Fi, that is not an issue with the Public Mobile service. 

Is any of your service working? Are you a new customer?

I would suggest connecting your phone to a computer using a USB cable and run the iTunes device activation feature.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jennylautrajano 

More details would be helpful. 

New customer versus old?  If new, did you port your number?

Did talk work before with PM?  What about text?

Is your account status active? 

A few things to try:

reboot phone

network reset of phone

Need Help? Let's chat.