cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: sim huawei unlock code

lm3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Public Mobile issued old Huawei phone I want to unlock to use with another provider SIM card. The phone is asking "Enter SIM ME Lock Code".

How can I get the code from Public Mobile? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Public Mobile did sell locked HSPA-compatible devices for a short period of time. 

Apparently my memory is failing me everywhere. What was I saying? 🙂

It sounds as if you just remembered and can't believe that you didn't recall that. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Public Mobile did sell locked HSPA-compatible devices for a short period of time. 

Apparently my memory is failing me everywhere. What was I saying? 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 : I was going on what the OP said of it being a locked Public Mobile phone which would date it to long ago when phones were locked and here that would have meant CDMA days.

I know Kyocera. They had a cell/PDA flip that I was quite interested in at one time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : I was going on what the OP said of it being a locked Public Mobile phone which would date it to long ago when phones were locked and here that would have meant CDMA days.

I know Kyocera. They had a cell/PDA flip that I was quite interested in at one time.

@Anonymous wrote:

@lm3 : What is the full make/model/submodel of this phone? Public Mobile started out CDMA. There's no CDMA provider in Canada. So I guess you're taking it elsewhere.

I do not believe that Public Mobile sold a Huawei CDMA device. The phone brands that they did sell when they were a CDMA carrier were largely from brands, witth the exception of may Kyocera, that most people would never heard of before. 

@kb_mv wrote:

@lm3 wrote:

I have a Public Mobile issued old Huawei phone I want to unlock to use with another provider SIM card. The phone is asking "Enter SIM ME Lock Code".

@lm3 Contact a moderator:

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

I've never seen anything called a "SIM ME Lock code". @lm3  , is that the exact wording?  A SIM Network Unlock code being requested by your devcie after inserting the other carrier's SIM card would meant that the phone is locked to Telus.  If the phone is simply asking for your SIM card's PIN, that's usallly 1234 at most carriers (0000 at Freedom) unless someone has manually changed it.

@lm3 wrote:

Thank you. I did all steps provided, but when I enter my 15 digits IMEI # in IMEI field "Next" button is greyed out and I can't proceed to the next step.

Please advise.

@lm3 

If you can't submit the ticket, try the following:

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

lm3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. I did all steps provided, but when I enter my 15 digits IMEI # in IMEI field "Next" button is greyed out and I can't proceed to the next step.

Please advise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lm3 : What is the full make/model/submodel of this phone? Public Mobile started out CDMA. There's no CDMA provider in Canada. So I guess you're taking it elsewhere.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@lm3 wrote:

@lm3 Contact a moderator:

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

Need Help? Let's chat.