cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activate old sim

Milsie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I activate old sim? If so how can I do this. I would like my old number back. Hadn't been used for about 5 mths due to travelling overseas!

8 REPLIES 8

@Milsie wrote:

Thanks, thats unreal...all with the code you gave me?

@Milsie  That's awesome that you and @GR  are friends. What are the chances of running into each other on an online forum? You must have so many stories to share about your travels!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GR wrote:

@Milsie after 90 days the account is closed, the sum is no longer good and the email used for that account can't be used again. You need to get a new Sim, use a different email and create a new account. As for the number call it and see if it's being used, if not there's a chance you could get it back if it was from public mobile/Koodo/Telus. If it's from another provider it most likely won't be available so you'd need to pick a new number 

You can use the same email if the account associated with the original email is closed. That email account becomes available again. 

when you create a new account you have the option to pick the last 4 digits for your new number. PM checks the list of numbers to see if there are any matches. Maybe your old number will appear. 

Milsie

Thanks, thats unreal...all with the code you gave me?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Milsie also if you activate before Sunday night online and on a 25 $ plan or more you'll get a 20$ credit on your new account and the referer gets 10$ so use a refferal code!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Milsie yes it can be done online,  just go to a store to buy a Sim card and then go home to activate it online 

Milsie

Oh Darn, Thank you anyways! 🙂 I will have to get another...whats the easiest and quickest way to do this? Can it be done online? I first went to a store distributer.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Milsie after 90 days the account is closed, the sim is no longer good and the email used for that account can't be used again. You need to get a new Sim, use a different email and create a new account. As for the number call it and see if it's being used, if not there's a chance you could get it back if it was from public mobile/Koodo/Telus. If it's from another provider it most likely won't be available so you'd need to pick a new number 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Milsie hi sorry after 90 days that sim is no longer any good 

Need Help? Let's chat.