cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is PUK code? Where do I get the PUK code?

hinamirza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am new to PUblic mobile please send me my puck code or tell me what to do ,how to get one

28 REPLIES 28

@computergeek541Yes I mixed up PIN and PUK.. I have changed my post to reflect that.

@GinYVR wrote:

@JesscrossPublic Mobile's PUK code is not printed on the packaging. The default one is 1234.

The default PIN is 1234.  However, if a customer were to enter 1234 for PUK, it would not be accepted.  The default/only PUK for a sim card is different for each one.

@Jesscross wrote:

A PUK code stands for “Personal Unlock Key.” It's a unique code that is linked to your mobile phone's SIM card and is usually 8 digits long. You will need the PUK code if you have set a SIM Card lock and entered the wrong passcode 3 times. Your phone will become locked, and you will need the PUK code to unlock it.

Check the SIM card packaging. If you have recently purchased a SIM card, then look on the packaging. Sometimes the PUK card is printed on it.
Look at the box that your SIM card came in, and the PUK code should be there on the box or label.
You could also call the retailer you have purchased the phone from if you can’t find this code, and they should be able to assist.

Not only are Public Mobile sim card PUKs never printed on the packaging, I have never seen this at all with any of the Candian carriers.  Further, retailers cannot help a customer to get a PUK.  Only the moderators here can provide that.

@JesscrossPublic Mobile's PUK code is not printed on the packaging. The default PIN one is 1234.

Jesscross

A PUK code stands for “Personal Unlock Key.” It's a unique code that is linked to your mobile phone's SIM card and is usually 8 digits long. You will need the PUK code if you have set a SIM Card lock and entered the wrong passcode 3 times. Your phone will become locked, and you will need the PUK code to unlock it.

Check the SIM card packaging. If you have recently purchased a SIM card, then look on the packaging. Sometimes the PUK card is printed on it.
Look at the box that your SIM card came in, and the PUK code should be there on the box or label.
You could also call the retailer you have purchased the phone from if you can’t find this code, and they should be able to assist.

@Lovebug wrote:

How do i send a private mesaage

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Lovebug
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do i send a private mesaage

Lovebug

How do i unblock a sim card

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous 

ya, that's unbelievable..surprised OP didn't include his cc # too! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lovebug wrote:

So my name is <deleted> my adress is < deleted> alternate phone number is <deleted> amount was 22 dollars pin code <deleted>.

Post edited by stonechucker to remove way too much personal information.  Please do not post personal in the community publicly accessible forum.

Of course, as often happens, the OP disappears. Signed up today and made this one post. Gag post maybe? I was on my cell phone earlier and my chin just dropped in astonishment at this post.

I shake my head wondering about the reasoning. Ok. New here. New to a DIY online service. New to the idea of posting a question in this community doodad. But to proceed to give up all that private identity information...wouldn't the thought be buzzing around...should I really be saying all this here? Who is receiving this? Who can read it? Is this at all private? Seriously...???...I gotta give all this information here now without at least having some kind of contact with somebody? What information am I *really* supposed to provide? Shouldn't I be asked?

I just gotta wonder.

@stonechucker  Can you please edit and remove private info from this post for the customers protection. Thanks1

personal unlocking key (PUK) , sometimes called personal unblocking code (PUC), is used in 3GPP mobile phones to reset a personal identification number (PIN) that has been lost or forgotten.

You should removed your personal information as this is a public forum

Contact a moderator for a PUK code.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lovebug

So my name is <deleted> my adress is < deleted> alternate phone number is <deleted> amount was 22 dollars pin code <deleted>.

Post edited by stonechucker to remove way too much personal information.  Please do not post personal in the community publicly accessible forum.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@ms1, I'd definitely assist you with this matter. Please reply to the message I just sent you in private.

Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂

Aïssata

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ms1you can take a look at this article for more information about PUK code, don't try to attempt more than 10 times it will lock the sim https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/What-is-PUK-code-Where-do-I-get-the-P.... In the meantime,

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them for PUK code.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

ms1

Please help me with the puk number. I thought I was just doing a simple pass code. I had to enter a 4 digit pin code like 6 times and when I went to use my phone it asked me for a 6 or 8 digit puk number. What's up with that?

@Arose11wrote:

I did contact the moderator team, was just awaiting reply and thought that maybe somebody could give me insight while i was waiting

The mods are the only ones able to help you with this.

They have left the office for today and will get back to you tomorrow morning.

@Arose11

It's the only way you can get your PUK.  There's no other way.  It's an emergency/backdoor passcode unique to each unique-numbered SIM card, assigned (or at least hoarded in secrecy until needed) by the carrier which issued the SIM card.  It's meant to lockout the SIM card (with a "user accessible" password) after a small number of incorrect password/PIN attempts, so that the device itself doesn't get locked out (or even permanently bricked) after a slightly larger small number of incorrect password/PIN attempts.

Arose11

I did contact the moderator team, was just awaiting reply and thought that maybe somebody could give me insight while i was waiting

@Arose11

Like @Mary_M (and others) have already said above, you need to Contact the Moderator Team to obtain your PUK.

Arose11

my sim is locked and requesting a puk code. please advise me on where to find it. thank you

pannobaji

i dont know where to look for my sim...help

hinamirza

8912230000289039349 my sim 

please send me my puck number

With that said, most customers will never need to know, nor need to ever use the PUK.  The security settings of your phone aren't things you want to be playing around with.  Make sure you know what these settings do before making these type of changes.

edmonch2013
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PUK or 'Personal Unlocking Key' is a security feature on most mobile devices that protects your SIM card data. The PUK code is unique to your SIM card and is required when a SIM Card PIN code has been entered incorrectly multiple times.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @hinamirza,

thank you for reaching out to us !

In order to obtain your PUK, you will need to send us a private message, as instructed above. Since the PUK is directly attached to your SIM card, we are able to retrieve it once your account is accessed.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In order to obtain puk code, you will need to send a private to the Moderator Team with your account information, including your account number, pin, and sim number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.