cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to recieve or send picture messages : LG L125DL flip phone

reidmorefield24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey so I have a LG Classic Flip Phone and I can send messages and I can make calls but I can't send or receive mms what do I do?

29 REPLIES 29

Aaron_munroe5

Have to have your cellular data turned on even though picture messaging is included in the plan,it does not use any of the data just has to be turned on. It should be in the settings of the phone to turn the cellular data on

@reidmorefield24   You found the APN screen?

you have any luck in updating the APN screen there?

reidmorefield24

yeah i've done that but it always has a red x on it 

@reidmorefield24 wrote:

Ok thank you but how do i update it when I click on Access Point Names and select options the only thing that pops up is Edit and Reset Settings

@reidmorefield24 

Have you tried the "Reset settings"?

Edit: Verify if you've done what's described in the following steps to send MMS:

How to send pictures and videos (MMS) on LG Classic Flip

Aside from texts, you can send pictures and videos with the LG Classic Flip. It isn’t as seamless as it is with chat apps on smartphones. However, it does a great job sending small funny clips to your friends and family. Here’s how to send an MMS on this phone:

1. Press the key below the option “Messages.” You will start from the main screen. Here, you can find the Message menu on the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. Enter recipient number. Use the dial pad to type the number.
  3. Press the key below “Contacts.” If you want to add a number through contact, do this step. Afterward, search the name using the Navigation key, then press the CENTER key.
  4. Move to the “Enter Message” field. Press the DOWN navigation key.
  5. Select “Option.” Press the key below it. Here, you will see that “Attach” is highlighted. Press the CENTER key.
  6. Go to “Image.” Press the CENTER key to choose this option. If you want to send a video, scroll down, and press the CENTER key on “Video.”
  7. Find the file you want to send. Use the navigation key, when you find it, press the CENTER key to attach it to your message. Then press the key below “Done.”
  8. Send the message. Use the CENTER key to finally send the MMS.

[Ref LG Classic Flip: Messaging Guide (tracfoneusermanual.net)

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Meow wrote:

@softech wrote:

Yes, you need the APN setup properly for the MMS to work.  But , if you are ok without MMS, then you can leave the APN aside.

If I was OP, I would not mess up with APN settings particularly on old flip phones. OP can screw up something else and lose call/SMS capability.

Why not contacting LG directly (if they still support this phone)?

APN settings are not used for calls or text messages. Deleting or setting APN incorrectly cannot affects calls and SMS texts.

@softech wrote:

Yes, you need the APN setup properly for the MMS to work.  But , if you are ok without MMS, then you can leave the APN aside.

If I was OP, I would not mess up with APN settings particularly on old flip phones. OP can screw up something else and lose call/SMS capability.

Why not contacting LG directly (if they still support this phone)?

@reidmorefield24   Let us know how it goes.  It is a bit trickier to setup the APN on the flip phone and hope it works.  Yes, you need the APN setup properly for the MMS to work.  But , if you are ok without MMS, then you can leave the APN aside.

reidmorefield24

ok thanks everyone for helping

@reidmorefield24  

When you are at Cellular network screen ,click 6 for Access Point Names  to set up APNs

again, you might want to download the manual from here:

LG L125DL_TRF_UG_EN_Web_V1.0_200203.pdf

reidmorefield24

It was 2 options

@reidmorefield24 wrote:

what do you mean

you said earlier "Edit and Reset Settings" 

was it one option or 2 options there?  1. Edit , 2. Reset?

reidmorefield24

what do you mean

@reidmorefield24 wrote:

when i click edit the only things that pops up are set save and discard

In that APN setting, what parameters you see it there?  want to provide a screenshot?

@reidmorefield24 wrote:

on my settings there is no mobile networks option

but you are good with this?

1. from home screen, press OK key, then 9 for settings and 1 for wireless & network and then 7 for Cellular networks

reidmorefield24

when i click edit the only things that pops up are set save and discard

reidmorefield24

on my settings there is no mobile networks option

@reidmorefield24 wrote:

Ok thank you but how do i update it when I click on Access Point Names and select options the only thing that pops up is Edit and Reset Settings

What happen when you click Edit?

@Triguy   OP has a older flip phone, not an LG Android.

reidmorefield24

@reidmorefield24 wrote:

I have a LG classic flip and the model number is 

LG L125DL

download your user manual here:

LG Classic Flip (L125DL) User Manual - Tracfone (tracfoneusermanual.net)

Browse the settings here:

1. from home screen, press OK key, then 9 for settings and 1 for wireless & network and then 7 for Cellular networks

you can update your APN settings there.  

But this is a flip phone, you might have some play around to get it works

reidmorefield24

I have a LG classic flip and the model number is 

LG L125DL

@reidmorefield24 wrote:

How do I get to that part of the APN settings on my LG classic flip

So, yours is NOT a Jethro phone?  What exact LG model is yours?  You need to provide your model.  Different phone different layout with the menu

reidmorefield24

Yes it is

reidmorefield24

How do I get to that part of the APN settings on my LG classic flip

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@reidmorefield24   Make sure you have the correct APN settings.

Name: Public Mobile

➡ APN: sp.mb.com

➡ MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

➡ MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

➡ MMS port: 80

➡ MCC: 302

➡ MNC: 220

@reidmorefield24 wrote:

yes I can

Is mobile data turned on?

reidmorefield24

yes I can

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@reidmorefield24  can you receive calls and receive regular text (SMS)?

Also, for MMS, make sure data is turned on.  It need Mobile Data enabled for MMS to receive and send (but it won't count against your data limit, so you just need it turned on)

Need Help? Let's chat.