cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transfer sim to new phone

Armine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
II received a new Samsung Galaxy S7 phone and inserted my Public Mobile SIM in it and it does not connect to the network.
I have called twice the previous service provider and made sure that the device is unlocked.

Can you please help as to what may be the problem?

Thank you.

Armine

16 REPLIES 16

Gecko1116

Are you showing LTE or 3G. I switched my sim to a new phone and that was my issue I needed to be on the 3G network.

Karine203
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

get your provider to unlock your phone 

thanks for the update @Armine .  Learned something new..

Armine

Hi, 
Indeed, even though I had called the original service provider twice and they had unlocked it on their end, the final resolution was to go to :

Settings --> System Updates --> UICC unlock

and It said " Your device is locked to "The original Service provider""

After tapping on that setting, now it says:

"Your Device is unlocked for any SIM card"

after that the device rebooted itself and I got on Public Mobile Network.

Thank you all for your excellent support and troubleshooting suggestions,

Have a great weekend,

Armine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Armine : Putting those two pieces together in that sentence could mean deduction. Did you actually check it? It's just another just in case thing to check.

Armine

The phone is fully paid-off and not blacklisted.

@Armine 

Did you check if the phone is blacklisted?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : But it should then give a message and a place to enter the code.

@Armine 

It could still be locked to the original provider. You can get it unlocked by Samsung as well.

Armine

Hi,
The only error message that appears on the Samsung Galaxy S7 is "INVALID SIM".

Otherwise the Public Mobile SIM works perfectly fine in its original phone.

Thank you for your support,

Armine

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Armine : You said new. New to you? Or actually new in the box? Because that's a pretty old phone now.

Can you check your networks to see if it says LTE or 4G etc and not GSM only. Then also check if you're connecting to a network manually rather than automatic.

@Armine 

Check to see whether your device is blacklisted:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

I will eventually split your thread to a new topic.  

@Armine   I believe the good working SIM works on another phone and just not your S7.    Sound like your S7 is the problem.  Any chance you have SIM from another carrier to test it  as well?

Armine

Hi Darlicious Mayor,

Yes, I took my phone to the nearest Walmart location where the entertainment counter also handles Public Mobile customers and they inserted another good, known working SIM card in the Samsung Galaxy S7 and it still didn't work and produced no specific error messages. The only message displayed is that following text is scrolled across the top saying "Emergency Calls Only".

Thank your for response and support,

Armine

@Armine 

Do you have another working SIM card to put in the S7? The error message will help us tell what the issue is.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Armine wrote:

Hi,
II received a new Samsung Galaxy S7 phone and inserted my Public Mobile SIM in it and it does not connect to the network.
I have called twice the previous service provider and made sure that the device is unlocked.

Can you please help as to what may be the problem?

Thank you.

Armine

Do you get any error message on the phone?

Try to Reset Network settings and reboot.

Edit: Put the SIM back in the old phone to see if it still works, in the odd chance something bad happened when you switched phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.