cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone compatibility

suestarr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does the google pixel 5 work with public mobile?

17 REPLIES 17

I was thinking about upgrading to the 5, but google getting rid of the telephoto and the slow shutter speed put me off this year. it doesn't even come with the neural core... it would of been better if they went with the 765g+neural. hopefully the 6 will come with all 3 cameras and a better processor. 

I do like the aluminum design and the battery capacity! 

@kb_mv  All Google phones as far back as I can remember have been sold unlocked.

@JoyLuck wrote:

@kb_mv 

CRTC:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/code.htm

and all newly purchased devices unlocked."

@JoyLuck  Thanks so much!

@kb_mv 

CRTC:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/code.htm

"Unlocked cellphones

Mobile devices unlocked free of charge, upon request, and all newly purchased devices unlocked."

@geopublic wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

It should be compatible but make sure it is unlocked.

Pixels always come unlocked.

@geopublic Do cell providers still sell locked phones? Seems a waste as they are required to unlock phones free of charge upon request. I assumed this was for older phones only.

@Triguy wrote:

Pixels always come unlocked.

@Jb456 wrote:

@suestarr  iPhone 6 is a nano SIM and the pixel 5 is nano SIM. Just pull out of the iPhone put it in the new phone.

Be sure to get the pixel with a sim I think some come with just esim. Best to check

The latest Pixels come with both nano sim and esim.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv  ya kinda of figured that. When I checked Koodo last week they only listed esim. I see now they have updated their page to list both nano and esim.

@suestarr you'll be fine 🙂

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@suestarr  for your other post I am copying my reply to this one.

iPhone 6 is a nano SIM and the pixel 5 is nano SIM. Just pull out of the iPhone put it in the new phone.

Be sure to get the pixel with a sim I think some come with just esim. Best to check

@Jb456 @suestarr the new pixels are dual sim with one physical sim slot and esim capable for the second.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@suestarr  for your other post I am copying my reply to this one.

iPhone 6 is a nano SIM and the pixel 5 is nano SIM. Just pull out of the iPhone put it in the new phone.

suestarr

Thanks you so much! I really appreciate your info!!

@suestarr  iPhone 6 is a nano SIM and the pixel 5 is nano SIM. Just pull out of the iPhone put it in the new phone.

suestarr

Thanks!! My son has an iPhone 6 with public mobile but wants the google pixel 5 for Christmas. Will I need a new SIM card? Not sure if this current one will fit...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@suestarr yes it does!

suestarr

Is the new google pixel 5 compatible with public mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.