cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone can't call or receive call but there is data?????

Levonne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased a ulefone S3 and I can connect to data but can’t make or receive calls. The phone says it’s calling but nothing happens at the other end and nothing comes thru when I call my mobile number. I’m using 4G network 

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tylor274 wrote:

Maybe reset network settings and take Sim card out and put it back in and restart phone

@Tylor274 this will not help at all if the phone is incompatible with public mobile (which it sounds like is the case)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Tylor274
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe reset network settings and take Sim card out and put it back in and restart phone

@Anonymous wrote:

@Levonne wrote:

I just purchased a ulefone S3 and I can connect to data but can’t make or receive calls. The phone says it’s calling but nothing happens at the other end and nothing comes thru when I call my mobile number. I’m using 4G network 

If you can verify the exact model it seems to not be compatible here. Is it the Power 3S? Not S3?

Good catch on the "s" part, and you're probably right about it being "3s" instead of "s3".

In any event, the Ulefone Power 3s isn't comptible with voice service at Public Mobile either.

http://ulefone.com/products/power3s/spec.html

The LTE frequency support is also very bad for use in Canada.  This phone is not a good choice for use here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Levonne wrote:

If you can verify the exact model it seems to not be compatible here. Is it the Power 3S? Not S3?

@Levonne wrote:

Sorry, but this phone is essentially incompatible with Public Mobile.  Data and text messages will work, but you will not be able to make or receive phone calls because you must get a phone that has either of UMTS/HSPA/3G bands 2 or 5.

http://ulefone.com/products/power3/spec.html

Unfortuantely, this means that you will need to get a new phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.