my phone is not working ,,, i cant receive and call any one 

it is asking me for the puk code 

please help me 

15 REPLIES 15

@samaira wrote:

i have i phone 10 ...and the store who provide me sim... there store is closed 

where should i go ?

Everyone:

The code being asked for has nothing to do with the phone being locked to another carrier.  There is no such thing as either a SIM Network Unlock PIN or SIM Network Unlock PUK for any Apple iPhone device. These devices to not use codes to unlock them. That is done at the Apple side of things and there is a database that is checked to determine if a SIM card is allowed to be used in the device. That's why an internet connection is required before an iPhone device can be used at any carrier.

@samaira It wouldn't make a difference if the store was open. The store cannot help you. The SIM card's PUK can only be provide to you by Public Mobile's moderators.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@samaira So you have been using it successfully with Public Mobile until recently?

Is it possible you entered your code incorrectly too many times?

As mentioned by @gblackma earlier in this thread (page 1, second post) you can contact the moderators to get your PUK if it is applicable in your case.

<Edit> disregard this one I see he gave you the information already while I was typing.

@samaira wrote:

it was not used 

i got i phone 10 new from apple store

@samaira 

Did you put a PIN on your SIM card in the past?  

Here is some more information about PUK:

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
    • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

@samaira contact the moderators and ask them for it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

samaira
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it was not used 

i got i phone 10 new from apple store

samaira

i was not using with any one |
i got  this i phone 10 from america.....from that time i have been using public mobail

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@samaira Were you using this phone with another company, such as Rogers, Telus or other previously. If so you would have to call them to have your phone unlocked.

@samaira  You need to find the previous provider that phone was used on and ask them to unlock it before you can use it on the PM network.

samaira

who is my previous provider ?\

samaira

how can i phone ...?
i cant call any one 

i have iphone 10 

samaira

i have i phone 10 ...and the store who provide me sim... there store is closed 

where should i go ?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@samaira  Most of the time it means that your phone is locked to the previous provider. You need to call them provide the IMEI and ask them to unlock it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@samaira 

@samaira wrote:

my phone is not working ,,, i cant receive and call any one 

it is asking me for the puk code 

please help me 

More details would be helpful.  New customer to Public mobile?  Did you port your number?  Which model phone?

Which exact message is your phone showing?  That sometimes makes a big difference.  One possibilitiy is that you phone is locked to previous carrier.  You can phone  your previous carrier to get unlock code.  It is a free service.  

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@samaira hi if you just signed up it is asking for an unlock code , you will need to contact your previous provider for an unlock code if it is a samsung you can contact directly online for a master unlock 

samaira

is any one there to help me ?? with puk code 

Need Help? Let's chat.