cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

this is an HTC phone, and i did give the IMEI number to the Bell operator. They assured me once again that my phone was unlocked. Cancellation of the application at this point seems to be the only way out of this until wait times to speak to anyone on the phone are lower than 1 1/2 to 2 hours. How do i get Public Mobile to cancel the application? Am i speaking to Public Mobile employees or general Users?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@TerriGreene  Call bell back and ask again. If they give you the same song and dance tell them you'll take your case to the CCTS as they are required by the WCC to provide this code. If they don't want the hassle of a hearing, a fine and to pay compensation for not following the legislation they should provide the code forthwith. This will be enough for them to provide the code. You either got an a poorly trained CS agent or an A$$hole....mentioning your a front line worker should give their head a shake too.

Thank you for all your hard work you are doing to keep us safe!

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TerriGreene  use this link to contact the (pm customer servie) moderators directly through private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PM is a prepaid service tjere are usually no refunds. 

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive e-mail notifications for new private messages" > Save

Please note it may take up to 48 hours for the moderators to respond.

Highlighted

Unfortunately, due to the present situation, wait times are extremely high on phone calls, yesterday i gave up after 145 minutes on hold, waited more minutes on hold today before finally getting someone online, and we cannot afford to be without this phone and missing callouts to respond to medical needs. Thanks for your attempts at help, but we cannot continue this waiting around for the answers that are not readily available. We will try again later when the cellphone access is not as necessary as it is now....bye

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TerriGreene wrote:

Bell stated i must call my new service provider to get the SIM unlock code from them

They were wrong.

It's always the old carrier that needs to give the network unlock code. Sorry, but you your phone is not unlocked dispite them telling you otherwise. You need to call back and cross your fingers that either they understand your request this time or that someone else at Bell answers your call.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@TerriGreene I'm sorry to hear bell is unable to provide timely customer support over the phone for you and you have been given the run around by your former provider. This is unacceptable. This is not public mobiles fault however....you would be required to do this when switching to any other provider that is not bell. You can try HTC support to get the code. We are here to help you once you obtain your code. Open a chat with a support agent at the link below....

https://www.htc.com/us/contact/productissue/

Highlighted

Well, now neither the Bell SIM nor the new PB SIM allow me access to networks, so it seems PM has sent the cancel message to Bell thinking my phone is set up and working on my new PM account.I guess the temporary solution is to call my contacts and get them to call my Husbands phone instead of my old phone number. Bad choice on my part to attempt to do this transfer at this critical time, but after all the problems we had with Bell service and huge charges we needed to get this right and PM seemed the most reliable and convenient.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TerriGreene wrote:

Well, now neither the Bell SIM nor the new PB SIM allow me access to networks, so it seems PM has sent the cancel message to Bell thinking my phone is set up and working on my new PM account.I guess the temporary solution is to call my contacts and get them to call my Husbands phone instead of my old phone number. Bad choice on my part to attempt to do this transfer at this critical time, but after all the problems we had with Bell service and huge charges we needed to get this right and PM seemed the most reliable and convenient.

In all likelihood, your phone number has been ported fine and your Public Mobile service is working correctly.

If you don't want to wait for either HTC or Bell to respond/answer your phone call, you can try take a look around on ebay. Some of these sellers are able to provide the unlock code on the same day as requested, and sometimes within a few minutes.

Highlighted

Wow...called Bell back again, told them my phone definitely was locked even though their records stated it was unlocked. Argued just a bit and they provided me with a code to unlock and it Worked! Thanks for everyone's patience and help here. Bell truly was the problem and it just took a bit more pressure on my part to get it working. Thanks again!

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TerriGreene wrote:

If the PM sim is working can you temporarily use it in your husband’s phone if his phone is unlocked and he can use his sim in your phone if he is on Bell.

Edit: ignore my post, glad you got it unlocked.