cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

TerriGreene
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account will not activate. I get the message Network Locked when the phone first boots, and then SIM Network unlock pin. It appears to be waiting for an 8 digit code from you to be entered.

21 REPLIES 21

@TerriGreene  Woohoo! I'm so happy that with a little phone luck you were able to get in touch with bell again...a little strong arming by you and you got what you needed....the code. You know have the reliability and coverage of the telus network, no bill shock or overages and a community thats here to help you 24 hrs a day (yes really....and yes sadly some of us are up at 4am!) and a moderator team that can often have your account issue solved in a couple of hours. Come hear anytime for your questions or if you need help. We will either resolve the issue/question or direct you to a moderator when it's an account issue that only they can access. Welcome to public mobile!

And again......thank you for your sacrifices while providing us the best medical care possible. One day in the future you will be considered our veterans in the battle to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and saving countless lives. We appreciate you more than we can express but know that our cheers  to salute front line workers at 7pm is only a token of how proud of and thankful we are to have you!

@TerriGreene wrote:

Wow...called Bell back again, told them my phone definitely was locked even though their records stated it was unlocked. Argued just a bit and they provided me with a code to unlock and it Worked! Thanks for everyone's patience and help here. Bell truly was the problem and it just took a bit more pressure on my part to get it working. Thanks again!

I've reassigned this solution. For future, please give it to someone who helped you find the answers that you needed. It's good to hear that you're up and running.

@TerriGreene wrote:

Well, now neither the Bell SIM nor the new PB SIM allow me access to networks, so it seems PM has sent the cancel message to Bell thinking my phone is set up and working on my new PM account.I guess the temporary solution is to call my contacts and get them to call my Husbands phone instead of my old phone number. Bad choice on my part to attempt to do this transfer at this critical time, but after all the problems we had with Bell service and huge charges we needed to get this right and PM seemed the most reliable and convenient.

If the PM sim is working can you temporarily use it in your husband’s phone if his phone is unlocked and he can use his sim in your phone if he is on Bell.

Edit: ignore my post, glad you got it unlocked.

TerriGreene

Wow...called Bell back again, told them my phone definitely was locked even though their records stated it was unlocked. Argued just a bit and they provided me with a code to unlock and it Worked! Thanks for everyone's patience and help here. Bell truly was the problem and it just took a bit more pressure on my part to get it working. Thanks again!

@TerriGreene wrote:

Well, now neither the Bell SIM nor the new PB SIM allow me access to networks, so it seems PM has sent the cancel message to Bell thinking my phone is set up and working on my new PM account.I guess the temporary solution is to call my contacts and get them to call my Husbands phone instead of my old phone number. Bad choice on my part to attempt to do this transfer at this critical time, but after all the problems we had with Bell service and huge charges we needed to get this right and PM seemed the most reliable and convenient.

In all likelihood, your phone number has been ported fine and your Public Mobile service is working correctly.

If you don't want to wait for either HTC or Bell to respond/answer your phone call, you can try take a look around on ebay. Some of these sellers are able to provide the unlock code on the same day as requested, and sometimes within a few minutes.

TerriGreene

@TerriGreene I'm sorry to hear bell is unable to provide timely customer support over the phone for you and you have been given the run around by your former provider. This is unacceptable. This is not public mobiles fault however....you would be required to do this when switching to any other provider that is not bell. You can try HTC support to get the code. We are here to help you once you obtain your code. Open a chat with a support agent at the link below....

https://www.htc.com/us/contact/productissue/

@TerriGreene wrote:

Bell stated i must call my new service provider to get the SIM unlock code from them

They were wrong.

It's always the old carrier that needs to give the network unlock code. Sorry, but you your phone is not unlocked dispite them telling you otherwise. You need to call back and cross your fingers that either they understand your request this time or that someone else at Bell answers your call.

TerriGreene

Unfortunately, due to the present situation, wait times are extremely high on phone calls, yesterday i gave up after 145 minutes on hold, waited more minutes on hold today before finally getting someone online, and we cannot afford to be without this phone and missing callouts to respond to medical needs. Thanks for your attempts at help, but we cannot continue this waiting around for the answers that are not readily available. We will try again later when the cellphone access is not as necessary as it is now....bye

@TerriGreene  use this link to contact the (pm customer servie) moderators directly through private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PM is a prepaid service tjere are usually no refunds. 

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive e-mail notifications for new private messages" > Save

Please note it may take up to 48 hours for the moderators to respond.

@TerriGreene  Call bell back and ask again. If they give you the same song and dance tell them you'll take your case to the CCTS as they are required by the WCC to provide this code. If they don't want the hassle of a hearing, a fine and to pay compensation for not following the legislation they should provide the code forthwith. This will be enough for them to provide the code. You either got an a poorly trained CS agent or an A$$hole....mentioning your a front line worker should give their head a shake too.

Thank you for all your hard work you are doing to keep us safe!

TerriGreene

this is an HTC phone, and i did give the IMEI number to the Bell operator. They assured me once again that my phone was unlocked. Cancellation of the application at this point seems to be the only way out of this until wait times to speak to anyone on the phone are lower than 1 1/2 to 2 hours. How do i get Public Mobile to cancel the application? Am i speaking to Public Mobile employees or general Users?

@TerriGreene  Are absolutely sure your phone is unlocked? When did you recieve the phone? It could still be locked if it was activated before mid 2018.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@TerriGreene wrote:

My account will not activate. I get the message Network Locked when the phone first boots, and then SIM Network unlock pin. It appears to be waiting for an 8 digit code from you to be entered.

From @Luddite 

Re: Unlock Nokia lumia 830
@esholazar wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I bought Nokia lumia 830 from Kijiji, and it is locked. Can someone help me to unlock it?

Thanks, 

No one here unfortunately. 

You will need to find out which Canadian carrier locked the phone and call them to unlock. Or you can search eBay, and the internet, to purchase an unlock code.

If the phone is from outside Canada, your only option will be to purchase an unlock code.

Just to be sure, reboot your phone with a PM SIM installed and see what message is displayed. 

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for the previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

This PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is on your SIM card. PM SIM cards do not require a PIN to activate.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

TerriGreene

The exact message is: "Sim network unlock PIN" with a box to enter the PIN under it.

@TerriGreene  the message SIM network unlock pin is one you get on a Samsung phone when it's locked to the previous provider.  If Bell is telling you its unlocked, and you are still getting the message they are full of crap. Contact Samsung online via chat and ask them for the unlock code  https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/

You will need the imei number, take out the PM SIM and either check by your battery casing for it, or replace the battery without the sim number dial *#06# to get it off of your phone. Once you get the unlock code from Samsung , enter it, reinsert the pm SIM and restart your phone. 

TerriGreene

My phone continues to operate fine if i reinstall the Bell SIM, but refuses to allow me past the Network Locked mode every time i install the Public Mobile SIM and reboot. Since this is a very necessary phone used by an on call nurse at a time of high demand for nurses, I would like to cancel my account application and try again when the system is up and running properly. How do i do that? I must have access to this cellphone..

@TerriGreene  Just to clarify what is the exact message you are getting?

TerriGreene

Bell stated i must call my new service provider to get the SIM unlock code from them

TerriGreene

called Bell and they stated my phone is not locked to the previous account. This was an unlocked phone when i purchased it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TerriGreene  Your phone is locked to your previous provider. Please call them and ask for the unlock code. This must be provided free of charge and upon request.

Need Help? Let's chat.