cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not able to make or receive a phone call?

duncan_mccaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My new phone is working intermittenly - sometimes I can make & receive phone calls, most times I can't and it tells me I am "not registered on network". Text is the same. I got a new Galaxy from Orchard, installed the sim that came with it, and registered online okay. Please advise. Thank you.

32 REPLIES 32

Kapilesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I can not make out going call or receive incoming call or send or receive text message two days now. Please help me with this matter.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AshpreetKaur, did you just sign up for the plan?  If so, did you check your self serve account to make sure that it shows that you have calling in your plan?  If your account shows that you have calling, and it has been at least a couple of hours since you activated (depending on whether or not you took a new number, or ported in an old number from another carrier), you probably need to contact the moderator team  (via private message) so that they can investigate for you.  BTW, did you fully restart your phone since you activated the SIM?

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Also, since this is a public forum, you shouldn't include any private information (such as your phone number).  You should edit it out.

AshpreetKaur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My no. is 5875819856 I am having same issues having $30 plan but I am not able to make or receive calls. Messages and data is working only thing is calling. I am also not able to contact voicemail it shows I have voicemail but calls don't go through. Please help. 

jesssip
I hav3tried a replacement sim and that resulted in the same problem. No need to order a new sim in attemped to fix the problem and waste $5! Just PM a mod will be your best bet.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @ddsinthe6ix

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your account related info if you are still having this issue?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ddsinthe6ix

Hi

I activated and ported over successfully a few days ago to the 12 gig / 3 month plan.  Everything was working fine until today.  I tried making a phone call and I got an error message "Hi Public Mobile here, sorry your current plan doesn't include Talk ..."

I checked my account and I still have the same plan.   I am still able to use data and text, just not make any voice calls.  Help!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for following up, @duncan_mccaul.  I'm very happy to hear Orchard was easy to deal with, and that the replacement is working well for you.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

duncan_mccaul

This issue has been resolved. I notified Orchard and they agreed it was an issue with the phone and they sent me a replacement immediately. It works fine.

Big thanks to everyone here who pitched in to help and to Orchard who, even though their initial phone was faulty, resolved the issue quickly and with no questions. That is good customer service.

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@duncan_mccaul if both cards activated fine and neither one works in your new phone it seeemingly sounds like a hardware issue.

Unfortunately with the promo response times are suffering, hang in there. 

srlawren
Hi @duncan_mccaul,

Im really sorry this hasn't been resolved for you yet. I know that the moderators are really swamped with requests since the promo plan started, and it looks like some people have ended up falling through the cracks, which is most unfortunate. As I'm just a customer and community member like yourself, there really isn't anything else I can do to help you at this point. 😞 I hope that one of the moderators is able to help you soon and I wish you all the best.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

duncan_mccaul

@PBForMe Thank you for that suggestion. My phone screen is now telling me I have an "unregistered SIM". This is the second SIM card I have installed and when I activated it on the PM website it told me it was successful. I doubt both SIM cards were defective and would like to have a PM admin confim the  status behind their firewall. Again, however, I have received no response from the two private message I sent, as requested. @srlawren

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

While waiting on the mods, I would try a different phone, if possible. Sounds like maybe a hardware problem with the sim tray, possibly the card is coming loose. You can try sticking a piece of scotch tape on the back end of the sim card to see if it stays in place better... just to give the card a little more thickness. 

duncan_mccaul

@srlawren @Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O I still am getting no help on this issue and it's been over a week. Can someone there resolve this? Thank you

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @duncan_mccaul

Shazia is not in today, can you send me your SIM card number, and the account number of your old service provider ? (via private message)

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

duncan_mccaul

@srlawren @Shazia_K I still haven't received a reply.

duncan_mccaul

@Shazia_K I sent a pm

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @duncan_mccaul

I'm very sorry to hear about this! 

Can you please send me a private message with your current Public Mobile SIM card #? Also, is the phone unlocked? I know Orchard are suppose to unlock the phone before selling it to you but did you double check?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@duncan_mccaul it does sound that way.  😞

@Shazia_K could you please assist @duncan_mccaul?  This has now been outstanding for quite some time, if you could help it would be appreciated.  He has tried two different SIM cards, first the one sourced from Orchard with his phone, and then later switched in self-serve to a second SIM he had, and still no luck.  

duncan_mccaul

I have no service with the new card. Tells me I'm not registered on the system.

duncan_mccaul

Yes I switched cards. No, turning the phone off and removing and replacing the other card did not solve the problem.

srlawren

Hi @duncan_mccaul,

So you switched your active SIM card in the self-serve system to the second card.  Did powering off your phone and putting the card in and powering back on resolve the issue?

duncan_mccaul

@srlawren I did as you said yesterday but I have not heard back from Saray_O. I had an extra SIM card that I had ordered when I ordered the phone (one came with the phone and I put that one in instead). I replaced the SIM card and changed it online - successfully it said. @Saray_O?

srlawren

@duncan_mccaul okay, then I would suggest that you send @Saray_O a private message with your phone number, your full mailing address, and a quick note about your intermittent issue.  It sounds to me like you may need a replacement SIM card, but Saray may have a better idea, or otherwise she can arrange to have one sent to you.

duncan_mccaul

Tried that. Still not working.

srlawren

@duncan_mccaul have you tried removing and re-inserting the SIM card?  If that doens't help, then you may need to contact one of the moderators to ask for a replacement SIM card. 

duncan_mccaul

A friend called me and it went right to voicemail although I was not on the phone. I got the voicemail notification 30 minutes later and could retrieve the message.

??

duncan_mccaul

I still cant send or receive texts and calls most of the time on my new Galaxt S5 from Orchard. The odd text or call gets through, but most of the time it says not in range or not registered on network. This is a big problem. What could make reception so intermitent? SIM card? @srlawren @Saray_O

srlawren

@duncan_mccaul I'm glad that worked!  Hopefully it sticks. 

duncan_mccaul

Okay I followed those instructions and it seems to be working okay now. Like I said, it was intermittent so I will see if it stays connected over the next few days. Thanks for your prompt attenion to this.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @duncan_mccaul,

I'm sorry to hear about this!

Could you tell me which Galaxy do you have?

**Edit: I have refreshed your connection to our network. Could you turn off your phone, check that the SIM card is properly inserted and then turn in on again?

Let me know how that goes! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.