cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New phone set up

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wanted to update my spouse's phone to a newer model.  Instead of setting it up manually I decided to use our iPad to transfer information. Part way through I realized the iPad was set up with my apple ID.  He needs and has his own.  Is there any way that I can change this now or do I need a new SIM card for his phone

11 REPLIES 11

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Mimi33 wrote:

I wanted to update my spouse's phone to a newer model.  Instead of setting it up manually I decided to use our iPad to transfer information. Part way through I realized the iPad was set up with my apple ID.  He needs and has his own.  Is there any way that I can change this now or do I need a new SIM card for his phone

You do not need to do anything with his SIM card. To redo the new phone setup go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Erase All Content & Settings: follow the prompts and erase everything. Then restart his phone and register his Apple ID properly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mimi33 

Okay, that is weird because when you press to ask a question it should allow you to post a question so it must have been a bug.

Also a little tip @ someone you are replying to so they get a notification just for future reference. Let us know if you run into any issues after 

@Mimi33 thats ok we all have done this before dont worry. we have some awesome oracles that will mive this. 🙂

Mimi33

Thanks....I did try to start a new thread but could not get it to work.  I kept being asked to choose a subject closest to my issue. 

Mimi33

Yes, thanks to everyone....I will continue setting up the new phone under my ID and then wipe it out as suggested and replace with my spouses ID and his phone number and keep the same SIM card he had under his old phone

brettster99

@Naepalm 

I think what @Mimi33 is trying to say is that she is trying to setup a new phone and not setting up Public Mobile. Is this correct @Mimi33 ?

@Mimi33 Hi you just continue and when you get to the end basically just start over with his info LOL

brettster99

@Mimi33 

Just wipe the phone after getting in. There should be no problems doing that as long as the SIM card is working properly 

@Mimi33 

This sounds like a half-sentence that you are trying to ask here. What are you trying to do set up your account with Public mobile? 

EDIT:

ok I re read what you were saying. For hus new phine just clear out your info to factory reset and then start again. You do not need to change the SIM it has nothing tondo with hus apple ID. You can just insert the public mobile SIM from his old phone into the new one and it will work. 

In the future start you own thread.

Can a moderator split this one please:

@Luddite @will13am @mimmo @ShawnC13 

Mimi33

so I should continue to set up the phone as mine and then wipe it out?  I have not gotten past the ID part yet.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Mimi33 hi you don't need a new sim just wipe out his new phone and update with his apple id

Need Help? Let's chat.