Did you mean: 

Re: Network locked SIM card inserted

franchezka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Ano po gagawin ko my sim locked.

8 REPLIES 8

@slash407 wrote:

shawn ur a oracle so lemme ask u....could ur phone work, and yet not have working mms if ur phone isnt unlocked. I know mms problems could b so many things but is this one of them? if u know

If your phone is locked to a network that isn't the Telus you won't be working on the network. If your MMS isn't working have you verified that your data is turned on.  It doesn't use data that would be measured against a plan..  Or you could have incorrect APN settings.  What are you experiencing?  

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

English: Hate to say it, but you are most likely out of luck. 

Tagalog: Poot na sabihing ito, ngunit malamang na wala ka ng kapalaran.

English: Buy from a reputable company that you know for sure the phones are unlocked and not used. It's a buyer beware when buying a phone from Kijiji, eBay, etc. Amazon, though would say if it's unlocked or provider.

Tagalog: Bumili mula sa isang kagalang-galang na kumpanya na alam mo siguradong ang mga telepono ay naka-unlock at hindi ginagamit. Ito ay isang mamimili mag-ingat kapag bumibili ng isang telepono mula sa Kijiji, eBay, atbp Amazon, bagaman nais sabihin kung ito ay naka-unlock o provider.board-id/phones_and_hardware/message-id/22093

@slash407 wrote:

there has to be another way, what if u dont know the prev provider. Most people using PM buy there phone outright, from kijiji or ebay amazon etc. Like i got my phone from overseas how would i find out who the previ provdier is in that case? just for future purposes

I highly doubt contacting the seller would do anything btw. It was a cellphone shop, they didnt even speak english that well.

Then you would have to look online for a service to  provide the unlocking code.  PM can nto supply an unlock code for a phone from another network

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@slash407 wrote:

if its locked, contact mod, only option

This is incorrect.  If it is locked they will need to contact the preious provider not the mods

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@franchezkawhat phone do you have?  who is teh orriginal provider?

if a canadian phone the orriginal provider can unlock it free.

If non canadian look on ebay and buy an unlock code there.

Well, I expect people here being able to read English (or French over in the French community), so here it goes:

This phone is locked to the previous provider. You have to contact the previous provider for getting the unlock code.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@franchezka wrote:

Hi,

Sino ang iyong nakaraang provider at ang iyong telepono na nakakulong pa rin sa kanilang network?  Kung ito ay maaari kang makipag-ugnayan sa kanila at sila ay obligadong upang i-unlock ang iyong telepono na walang bayad.

Translated

Who was your previous provider and is your phone still locked to their network?  If it is you can contact them and they are obligated to unlock your phone free of charge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@franchezka wrote:

Hi,

What!?

Ah. Google translate figured that "Ano po gagawin ko" is Filipino for "What should I do" and then the rest is English.

You're welcome whoever wants to answer this.

Need Help? Let's chat.